Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance and Trackers

IainRS

The Insurance on my 997 GT3RS is up for renewal very shortly and I'm finding that this year because the car's value is over 100k that most Insurance companies are asking for a tracker. I'm of the impression (perhaps wrongly?) that trackers are a waste off time these days so I'm not inclined to want to get one fitted. Are there any companies out there that don't require one?
My current insurer is Classicline don't require a tracker but they have hiked my premium considerably so I just wanted to get some comparative quotes before renewing.
Thanks

IainRS

NFU. Without tracker they will increase excess to £1600 in event of theft unless stolen from your garage then execs is £250. I would be happy to pay £1600 if car stolen as they will pay me £100k guaranteed value.

Thanks mate.

Any others?

With classicline for my 997.1 and no tracker requirement. However it has VTS which reactivated with no probs so I bought a subscription. Works too - I left the fob at home last week and they called me within 100 yards.

Hi mate, my 997 GT3 came with a tracker from the factory, I was told by Porsche Leeds when it went in for a service revpcently that they all came with one fitted at the factory.

I know mines at GT3 and yours is an RS, but have you looked into the possibility that it's already got one fitted that you might not know about ?

:thumb:

Give Equity Red Star a try ERS.com

Tony'mac said:
Hi mate, my 997 GT3 came with a tracker from the factory, I was told by Porsche Leeds when it went in for a service revpcently that they all came with one fitted at the factory.

I know mines at GT3 and yours is an RS, but have you looked into the possibility that it's already got one fitted that you might not know about ?

This ^^

Its got one (if its a uk car) you now have to pay the rip off cobra people £200 a year for the sub..

Thanks for all the replies guys. I explored all options and finally settled on insuring through NFU who were considerably cheaper than anyone else and also frequently the top ranked Insurance broker in the UK.

And no tracker required....!

Iain, is it cheeky to ask what your premium was ?

I only ask as i stayed with my previous classic car policy broker when i moved from Cosworth to Porsche and paid £950 but need a tracker.

I don't have any NCB though as on classic policies you don't build any.

cheers :thumbs:

Mine is about 650 with Classicline and no tracker requirement (I just activated it as it made sense to me given it's on the car). No NCB either actually as that's being used on the 993 and I've not have 2 cars in my name before.

For some strange reason Classicline hiked my rate by about £250 which is why I decided to shop around. I suspect they may have been trying it on with a high quote accompanied by the usual "please allow us the chance to re-quote if you find a better price elsewhere"! I don't work that way I'm afraid, as an existing customer I expect the best quote the first time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back