Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200mph In A 911R

paul284pt

Paul, even though it's legal to do 300k on the Autobahn....you still have to have huge gonads to do it......especially with caravans pulling out like that doing maybe 100 KPH..... :eek: wouldn't mind having a go o the track though... :thumb:

Porschekit said:
Paul, even though it's legal to do 300k on the Autobahn....you still have to have huge gonads to do it......especially with caravans pulling out like that doing maybe 100 KPH..... :eek: wouldn't mind having a go o the track though... :thumb:

The trouble is that you can't do 200 mph on any UK track. Tuned 911s can do it on runways but I bet a stock 911R (or any stock 911) couldn't.

It's why I love Autobahns - not that I'd ever have the bottle to do 200 mph or even to V-Max mine - where 150 mph in any 911 is easily do-able.

As can be seen in that video, above 150 things really start to happen quickly.

:thumbs:

That's pretty rad! Not sure I'd be brave enough to be honest. :what:

Had his front fog lights on... get out of the way !!!! I'm coming through :drive:

Once managed an indicated 332 on my dash when on a late night run from Munich to Nuremberg - crazy fast and really quite frightening how quickly you close on apparently distant traffic :eek:

Anything up to 170 in old money feels relatively calm and controlled but those last 30 or so does strange things to your bowels... :oops:

Holy cow, things were seriously flying when he was nudging 200. I was holding my breath.

And changing up at 9000rpm..... love it.

Those two lane derestricted Autobahn sections are a lot of fun for speed
chasers....but, my goodness you do have to plan your runs meticulously.
It's relatively easy to get up to 175mph, but the extra 15% he attains takes
some doing, but that 'R' is seriously slippery, so he does get up there really
quickly. 8)

Ps, hands if you'd like one too ! :FYI: :clap:

nick w said:
Ps, hands if you like one too ! :FYI: :clap:

:nooo: ......... too many pedals.

Three pedals rules ok ! :cop:

nick w said:

Is this coming from 'two camps' Nick :wink:

Although it is of course true.

I think you become 'tuned' to those intending on pulling out. Even my wife calls dangers ahead when at speed ie those looking to pull out. The dangerous ones are not so much the person travelling at speed but the 'Sunday driver' who fails to mirror, signal and then manoeuvre. I would have possibly called them 'Trumpers' but as he has now become a superpower leader I shall refrain.

Pip

Pip1968 said:
nick w said:

Is this coming from 'two camps' Nick :wink:

Although it is of course true.

I think you become 'tuned' to those intending on pulling out. Even my wife calls dangers ahead when at speed ie those looking to pull out. The dangerous ones are not so much the person travelling at speed but the 'Sunday driver' who fails to mirror, signal and then manoeuvre. I would have possibly called them 'Trumpers' but as he has now become a superpower leader I shall refrain.

Pip

Clutch, brake & accelerator pedals...for 'that interactive driving experience'.
PDK & Auto...for traffic jams and town driving, and that's it. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back