Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 turbo.II 4 months of ownership

k3bab

Hi Forum,

Having previously owned 997.1.C2S, I am loving the extra power of my new 991 turbo.II.

Here are some observations and questions:

1) Has anyone experienced an intermittent satnav issue whereby it randomly starts to lose location on the map and insist that I am in some random location 20 or so miles away? I've raised this issue with OPC and will be taking the car for them to investigate, but since it is intermittent, I am sure they won't be able to do anything with this.

2) Start stop - finding this a little annoying. Seems to stop the engine every opportunity it gets. Prefer the Audi system where you have to press the break down a bit firmer than normal for the engine to shut down. Much more elegant as it allows you to over-ride it rather than stopping every time the car comes to a halt, even for a split second if in start stop traffic. Honestly, I'd rather not have my engine do that - probably adds more wear on it. Anyone else find this annoying?

3) Apple Car play, intermittently loses connectivity to my iPhone. Icon disappears from the display, and the only way to get it back is by unplugging and re-connecting the iPhone, which is not safe when driving, so have to pull over. Annoying.

4) OK so coming from a 997.1 with PSE, I am finding the car a bit quiet for something that fast. It does sound lovely, but just lacking that bit of growl. What options do I have which do not void Porsche Warranty?

All in all - I love the car, mine is black on black and looks like a batmobile, even sounds a bit like it with the howling progressive turbo whine. Finding it a bit too quick for UK roads. Can not use the full power output of the car safely.

Car is garaged and mostly only comes out on weekends in good weather. Although it does feel supremely planted in wet thanks to 4wd. Still unsure about using it in the winter, with salt on the roads, and whether the OPC's obligatory offer of waxing the underside of the car ready for the winter season is a worthwhile expense.

Hope you're all enjoying your cars!

Cheers,
K

My experience with my 991.2 C2S, so not too dissimilar to your TT

1 A tap on the screen should bring you back to the current location, otherwise a trip to the opc as you say.
2 tap the little A button before you start your journey to prevent the stop start (or put it in sport :) some people have the wiring switched round so stop start is off by default
3 can't help, haven't bothered with setting Apple car play up
4 probably none that don't affect the warranty.

The car is undersealed so why does it need waxing? My opc has never offered that service... Just use your car and enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back