Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 Facelift (2017)

arnaud

Attachments

• porsche_911_gt3_facelift_09_214.jpg
    porsche_911_gt3_facelift_09_214.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 9,323
  • gt3_facelift_718_903.jpg
    gt3_facelift_718_903.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 9,323
I think it will be great news for 2 pedal fans, previously excluded from GT cars, who are looking to buy a decent pre-owned car. :D

IF UK GT3 fanatics are so desperate to have a manual car I'm hoping that there will be a glut of 2-3 year old 991.1 PDK cars knocking around in the next couple of years. :dancetwist:

Me too T8 :thumb:

I fancy a daily auto.. :D

In all seriousness, with the engine issues (not great provenance?!) and the auto box where do we see these settling..?

(ps. never selling my current gt3)

What an excellent idea, no speed bumps on my way to work :thumb:

That will teasch her for making me sell my 993 :D

well we know what it will look like, add the latest 911 Cup race car front bumper

it will be manual, so the only question is what they are doing about the engine

A manual will rightly shake up the market

but surely the easiest facelift EVER ! just add a manual, job done!!!

I think you've missed the point with the manual, just because there is an option it doesn't mean everyone will spec it.

As a 991.1GT3 owner and previous 996GT3 owner I don't miss the manual at all, just another way of driving.

Regards
Gary

Reckon they'll have fixed the engine yet?

Vast majority will order pdk. So its manual...its still huge and needs rws to turn properly 😄

My guess is that with the exchange rate being so poor, the next incoming price
increase (2017) is going to put this car in the 115k-120k bracket for a stock
car.
A car loaded with the usual toys (lift, ceramics, PCM, phone module, cruise)...
that's going to be nipping close to 130k. Now that's serious money for a
cooking GT3.

...I wonder if the manual option will get a price premium ? :?:

That's a good question. I wonder how they'd justify that though :?:

I'd be interested to know if de-winging and LWFW would also be options.... or would they think that's treading on the R's toes too much

(Based on the much heard rumour that you can only buy a ducktail off Porsche for your 997 if you can prove you own a Sport Classic)

sod the looks. lets hope they get the engine right this time.

so when you spend 120k on the car it does not need 2 engine re builds in the first 2 years of ownership. very poor from Porsche and destroying the GT3 brand with crap engines and PDK.

back to top engines, lack of refinement and manual boxes please Stuttgart!

nick w said:
My guess is that with the exchange rate being so poor, the next incoming price
increase (2017) is going to put this car in the 115k-120k bracket for a stock
car.
A car loaded with the usual toys (lift, ceramics, PCM, phone module, cruise)...
that's going to be nipping close to 130k. Now that's serious money for a
cooking GT3.

...I wonder if the manual option will get a price premium ? :?:

Yes, its going to be an expensive car i think. No cost option on the man i reckon.

I think the engine thing is sorted now, its not unknown for Mezger's to go pop too..plus the new lump (a modded version of it) is in the cup car next year.

... since when is LWFW anything to do with looks! (... and it's a Porsche 911, it has lots to do with looks :grin:)

I'd love to know the final % of what proportion will end up being spec'd pdk v man

Roro said:
I'd love to know the final % of what proportion will end up being spec'd pdk v man

My guess to start the ball rolling ......

80% PDK and 20% Manual

Yes, no or maybe. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back