Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Fan Issue

Robx

Hi Guys

997 C2 06

I have an issue with the front radiator fans, where they're kicking in about 30 secs after starting the engine and not going off. They both appear to be spinning full blast as they're noisy as hell and both are pushing lots of air in the wheel wells. They both seem to be moving freely with no sign of debris making them stick. I've tried turning AC off but that didn't help. Anyone have any ideas or point me in the direction of sensors to check?

Cheers

Rob

If a single fan jams which is common on the 997 then the other fan will go full speed from cold as a safety measure.

Both fans going full speed ..

A/C could cause it but not for long .

temp sensor fail and the dme would switch them on as a safety feature as it doesn,t know engine temp .. you should get dash warnings , temp gauge fault if this was the case though.

I would normally look at temp values on a tester to see if anything has failed in range .. ie temp sender has stuck at 105 .

My guess is its a fault with the fan control unit , o/s/f behind the wheel arch liner i belive .

Tester for fault codes and actual values is where i would start though .

Probably a stone jamming the fan.

Very common issue and easily fixed.

Cheers for replies, will report back once i have checked for codes etc.

Thanks

Hi

So I have read the fault codes and i get -

P1632 Air Conditioning Control Module - No Communication

and

AC Fault code 8033 Unknown fault code

Does it sound like a plug has come loose?

I do know that a few weeks ago before i brought it that it had a new condensor fitted.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Cheers

Rob

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my 2007er Porsche Boxster 987.
Both codes P1632 and 8033.
The front fan starts 30 secs after starting the car and the air condition does not deliever cool air for inside, although the air condition system got filled up new.

Maybe robx or someone other has fixed the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

The fault codes are shown below .. check fuses is probably the best start then are the plugs all seated in the a/c control unit .. thats the heater panel basically.

A wiring fault with the pressure sensor or the sensor its self is possible.

Basically check the fuses and pull the plug off ther a/c pressure sensor n/s/f by the pollen filter and look for any green fluid in the plug .. ive had these sensors fail before with a pressure leak into the sensor .. not with these codes but its a start .

Attachments

• ac_8033_code_1_214.jpg
    ac_8033_code_1_214.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 3,304
  • code_p1632_1_538.jpg
    code_p1632_1_538.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 3,304
Front Fan Issue / air con

scuby79 said:
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my 2007er Porsche Boxster 987.
Both codes P1632 and 8033.
The front fan starts 30 secs after starting the car and the air condition does not deliever cool air for inside, although the air condition system got filled up new.

Maybe robx or someone other has fixed the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

I have the same fault on my 07 Cayman. Both front running at full speed and air con not cold. Do not know error codes though.
How did you fix the problem on your Boxster?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back