Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full circle (again!) searching for perfect exquisite 993

jonny finance

For the last 20 years I have been fortunate enough to own some truly
wonderful motor cars inc all incarnations of 911 Ferrari Lambo and just about
everything in between!
For umpteen reasons the 993 keeps drawing me back - however on each occasion the search proves a little harder and certainly requires more of the hard earned each time.... So this time that's it .... A man once told me to 'never say your next car is going to be your last, as it might well be just that'
BUT I've had enough of change and disappointment. With the 993 I know where I am, I know what to expect, I know it's merits, quirks and all!

So here I go again ...... Please, if anyone is considering doing what I'd advise against and considering selling theirs give me a ping....

My ideal find =

Coupe 2s or 4s or turbo
Manual
Concours, perfect v low miles with detailed history

Thanks Jon

Will pay top price for the best car

Did somebody say DomMorton?

Goodness no mohitos. Much as I do wonder if I should be sampling other fine motor cars, I suspect as the OP has found, the 993 is very hard to beat and getting a lot harder to buy.

Good luck with the search :thumb:

Quality turbo cars seem a little more plentiful than the n/a wide bodied cars at the moment.

Dont do all your dough :bandit:

OP should be emailing Dom Morton and Mohitos. Two of the forums best 993. I reckon you could get Dom to sell his if you are Monty Burns and can countenance spending £100

Mohitos car is an amazing example of a NB coupe. Again, you'd need deep pockets. I'd venture those two cars are as good as 993's get. Good for thought for the OP

Appreciate finding and buying one wouldn't prove too difficult. Finding a special/good un may take time, and as you suggest, extra girth pockets required

I suspect my budget with get me my ideal n/a WB car but a turbo may have to be a touch more 'used' Still, open to all options..

Good luck with your search Jon. I'm sure the right car will turn up. Happy hunting :thumbs:

so.... what is a decent 993 S worth nowadays..?? Have totally lost track of the market

Heard a story today about some of the "spotless" low mileage ones a certain W London dealer seems to like. Upon inspection many are very much in need of work, so they were run for 3-4 years with annual servicing only up to 25-40k miles, then stuck in storage. To get 'em back as they should they need lots of ££££.

Better to buy an honest, well maintained car thats been used.... IMHO

Or an honest very well maintained car that gets lightly used.....

Richyd said:
so.... what is a decent 993 S worth nowadays..?? Have totally lost track of the market
Bollox. A member of the Illuminati (granted not inner circle) not having access to the charts and tables along with Russel Grant's star sign predictions :cigar:

:hand: I'm reminded of the 'Spongebob Experience' where he left the 993 fold exploring other latest spec 911 options and then decided to 'go back' to 993. :what:
The experience lasted all of about one month :roll: It's sometimes never as good second time around when you sampled what modern techology can do and the Jonttt rose tinted goggles have bent out of alignment.

However it sounds like this is an investment purchase to be stored most of it's life - concours v.low miles etc - you'll never want to drive it :floor:

Hexagon classics have 4 turbo in stock all v.low miles. High prices but they'll deal.

RichyD has a very tidy one indeed, maybe that's where your money should be going.

I doubt it is for selling though.

Why not go the whole hog and get the best looking 911, the 964?

I am also looking for a nice tidy 964 or 993.

But being anally retarded, i will only wait for the right one.

My hit list is a 964 C2....

Or a 993 C2s, Targa or turbo.

kevsta said:
I am also looking for a nice tidy 964 or 993.

But being anally retarded, i will only wait for the right one.

Sounds like you're after a 993 chum :thumb: some of the buying deliberations by members on here over the years were legendary :what:

:D i can imagine, i might fall into that catagory too.

There are good bits out there but never in the colour combo i want.

Would love a black with black leather, or silver with black leather.

Silver with black?

Save yourself time and trouble. Mohitos. C2 polar with black. Everything and I mean everything done. Cost you lots though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back