Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS sensor replacement OPC price

isysman

Daytona
Hi all,

My Boxster needs an MOT when I get home so I emailed Wilmslow to arrange it. Also my TPMS sensors stopped working last time I was home. I asked for a quote to replace. Last time I had it done on my 911 it was £550. They quoted me £890!! :eek:

I had a quote from Tech9 and they quoted me £215 per wheel. What's going on with TPMS sensor prices?

Quick search on eBay and I can get a set of sensors for £163. Has anyone else bought a set and had some local place fit them?

Give Chris at Exel Wheels a call.

He does a really great deal if you have refurb and/or tyres done at the same time but might be able to beat your best quote as stand-alone deal. :dont know:

T8 said:
Give Chris at Exel Wheels a call.

He does a really great deal if you have refurb and/or tyres done at the same time but might be able to beat your best quote as stand-alone deal. :dont know:

Where I see he based? My wheels are immaculate, looks like they may have been done just before the car was sold.

I think you can just switch them off (disable in settings)

Martian said:
OPC prices for these are bonkers. The eBay ones only last a couple of years. I bought OE ones (Beru) from TireRack in the USA ~3 years ago, £250 including tax delivered!

It's not just OPCs. I e had two Indy quotes now and they are bother over £700

Martian said:
OPC prices for these are bonkers. The eBay ones only last a couple of years. I bought OE ones (Beru) from TireRack in the USA ~3 years ago, £250 including tax delivered!

Looks like something I might do. Otherwise I'll disable it. Not that impressed with it anyhow.

After an experience last year with my daily driver, I wouldn't disable it. I got a warning that a tyre was losing pressure quite quickly, was able to stop, pump it up a few times and get to a tyre shop to get it repaired. Would've ruined the tyre if I didn't know about it that quickly, don't want to think about it if it would've been at big leptons!

After all the £££ you've spent on your GT2RS conversion, ~£250 is small change for a system that is there to warn and hopefully protect you! Just don't pay the crazy OPC prices for them, there are alternatives from the USA.

Just checked on tirerack.com but they don't have them for my Boxster. :what:

Looks like I'll get them from eBay.

I got OEM (Beru) off eBay for just over £200 for four.

Local tyre place fitted them and did a nitrogen fill for £15 per wheel.

Turbojim997 said:
I just had a full set out on my new OZ wheels, OPC was mental, RPM were a bit cheaper but still expensive so I got mine from:

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/tpms/huf_beru_tpms_sensors

RDE001's. £306 deliverd and U.K. Supplier. Work perfectly.

Thanks for the info. It seems the sensors for my Boxster are different to the ones fitted in my 911. Harder to get it seems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back