Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

718 Boxster Armytrix exhaust VIDEO

Thanks for posting, seen / heard a few good Armytryx vids :thumb:
What's the 'but' for ...?

Still sounds rubbish
Or
It's only 4 cylinder

:floor:

Sounded promising , then pulled away quietly :grin:

But it's still not clear that it would sound good as they filmed it in a garage which has a lot of reverb.

To be continued...............FFS. How to spend 3 minutes 18 seconds for what could be achieved in 10 seconds. Obviously taken 'advice' from Pricewaterhouse Cooper :roll:

Zingari said:
To be continued...............FFS. How to spend 3 minutes 18 seconds for what could be achieved in 10 seconds. Obviously taken 'advice' from Pricewaterhouse Cooper :roll:

Yeah everything but the actual sound until the last seconds.

Absolute bollocks.

Let's hear what it sounds like inside the car, on the move with the windows shut.

The drone will tear out your eardrums.

Who cares what it sounds like outside the car.

I hate these sort of videos.

Kimbo said:
Absolute bollocks.

Let's hear what it sounds like inside the car, on the move with the windows shut.

Agreed, Total tosh. What a waste of bits on my hard drive..some low down film of a dirty car that sounds pants so they can flog the poor owner, who loves the car but cant get over the fact that it sounds pants, a shiny pipe that will cost a fortune and sound slightly less pants that the car does without it. I hope they wasted a fortune on it...obviously not.

Senoj said:
Kimbo said:
Absolute bollocks.

Agreed, Total tosh. What a waste of bits on my hard drive..some low down film of a dirty car that sounds pants so they can flog the poor owner, who loves the car but cant get over the fact that it sounds pants, a shiny pipe that will cost a fortune and sound slightly less pants that the car does without it. I hope they wasted a fortune on it...obviously not.

I noticed on some of the videos that Porsche put out for the new Boxster they turned off comments as many comments were about the crap sound. I am responsible for many of them I must say! So disappointed they released this car with that engine.

I'm still not really sure why they did? I dont think the average emissions thing stacks up does it? You can have a choice of 3.0 v6 turbo in the macan shopping trolley school bus but only a flat four banger in their sports car?

Happy I have just bought a GT4.

A 718 is probably as quick and I am sure if they did a new GT turbo version it would be even quicker but it sounds sh*t and it has lost some of its soul.

I very much doubt in the real world the mpg is very different when you put your foot down. I think Porsche have dropped a clanger with this engine when Audi are still running a TT with a 5cyl turbo that sounds better and is quicker and has more charm.

Nimrod said:
Happy I have just bought a GT4.

A 718 is probably as quick and I am sure if they did a new GT turbo version it would be even quicker but it sounds sh*t and it has lost some of its soul.

I very much doubt in the real world the mpg is very different when you put your foot down. I think Porsche have dropped a clanger with this engine when Audi are still running a TT with a 5cyl turbo that sounds better and is quicker and has more charm.

Great move buying a GT4. I think they look stunning and sound fantastic. I think the new GT4 will get the engine from the Carrera once again and they sound quite good. But that will mean a turbocharged engine in a GT car.

When you say the TT is faster I take it you're referring to the TTRS? That is the top end car for that model, although it may be a match based on price.

Hi Isyman,

Yes I meant the TTRS which I think in 5cyl form is as quick as a Boxster/Cayman s and to me sounds a lot better .

I have had TT's as daily drivers as they do everything pretty well though bore me stupid but there is no doubt the latest RS is getting close to a Cayman s in performance and I would much prefer the engine to a four cylinder turbo.

I agree I think the 718GT4 will get the Carrera engine but almost certainly a turbo not a NA . Does this matter, I am not sure at least its a six cylinder.
Four cylinder does nothing for me and I couldn't get excited enough to spend proper money on a four cylinder car. But then I am a 993 owner notoriously OCD and fussy about all things Porsche, maybe nobody else cares ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back