Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

suspension life / replacement idea's:

Might be cheaper from Porsche if they can get it in stock, I recently got one for a C2 for £885 inc Vat.

If you fit that kit you'll also want to look at replacing control arms, coffin arms, drop links, top mounts etc if they haven't been done already. Good prices on eBay and will need a geo after. You'll be looking at £1500+ if you do the work yourself.

You might be surprised, the dampers fitted to 996 are very high quality and long lasting. I've heard of quite a few 150k+ cars suspension being tested by centre gravity and others on test rig and given the OK.

Don't let that get in the way of an upgrade though ;)

I'd replace all the rubber components and ball joints first and get a proper alignment. However it is tempting to stick a new set of dampers and springs while its all apart.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back