Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carpet glue

deutschland-dobson

Indianapolis
Hi Gents,

I'm looking to remove some / all of my Linen carpet to replace with some kindly donated by Paul ( :) ) and with some new.

For those who've done this, will I have to remove the glue, being as I'm not going light weight carpet? Any UK tips on what to buy? Rennlist mainly lists US stuff.

Ta
Chris

Auto smart have a chemical called Tardis, it's a tar and glue remover, I've used it before and found it effective though not sure what it would be like on a large scale project like that though.

I would imagine the stronger the solvent you use the better and have good ventilation or you'll end up as high as a kite!

Let us know what you use and how it works as this is a job I'll be doing eventually

As luck would have it I use tardis for tar removal on the works car :thumbs:

Weather may be against me, but will keep you guys updated over the colder months :bye:

Chris

Subscribed.

I have the same task over the winter months on my 993. Ripping out the Grey and gluing in Black.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back