Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Connect online traffic on 991.2

Rayo2703

On the PCM Connect app on the iphone it shows the traffic on most roads but on the PCM on the car it only seems to show the traffic on motorways and A roads. Is there something wrong with my PCM or has anyone else experienced this?

I'm guessing that its picking it all up, but just not visually displaying the colours; as a few times I have checked google maps on my phone for its navigation and live traffic, and its pretty much exactly the same for eta and route etc, so the Porsche PCM, must be using the google maps data feeds for all roads. I've not really noticed roads missing the colour mark up.

Do you have a sim card in the PCM? Could be that? or could be the roads you're on are so minor, that they just won't be shown as live traffic, have had that a couple of times.

I spoke to Porsche Hatfield and they are meeting with PCM Connect next week and will ask the question. I can see the colours on my iPhone so it should show the colours on the PCM but isn't. I do have a SIM card.

Are you getting the colours on roads other than motorways and A roads on your PCM?

Sort of defeats the point as I am mostly not on motorways or A roads.

That aside the car is fantastic although I do miss the sound of my last car, a 991.1.

I'll try and take a look... haven't really noticed either way though yet. albeit I'm mainly A-Roads & Motorways.

Right, I've had a chance on minor roads now.... no they don't register as traffic is the conclusion. The PCM clearly uses google mapping & traffic, but only shows the major roads of traffic. estimation to destination, including traffic pretty accurate though on any routes.

OK... update... hit the online traffic information option, and voila, your minor roads have the traffic info shown live, including A roads and B roads.

Annoyingly tested during a three hour commute tonight... but it worked ;)

It works on the PCM by showing red routes on all roads but only shows the green for no traffic and yellow for stop/start on motorways. On my iPhone it shows for all roads???

Did you manage to get the green and yellow on minor roads?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back