Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS engine upgrading/remapping

Brownstone

I consider myself lucky to own a 991 C2 GTS with a PDK. The car is absolutely superb to drive, but I would not never say no to a little more HP.

Since the engine is a 3.8L like the GT3, is there any way of squizing a little more HP/torque out of it... If yes, who can do that. So far, I haven't found tuners so that can do a great deal on atmospheric Porsches...

Brownstone said:
I consider myself lucky to own a 991 C2 GTS with a PDK. The car is absolutely superb to drive, but I would not never say no to a little more HP.

Since the engine is a 3.8L like the GT3, is there any way of squizing a little more HP/torque out of it... If yes, who can do that. So far, I haven't found tuners so that can do a great deal on atmospheric Porsches...

Not much to be squeezed from a NA unless you spend heaps. New exhaust system, enlarged inlet plenum, high flow air filter and remap isn't going to get that much more poke.
Next step would be headwork. High lift cams, aggressive valve settings, higher compression.... Big bucks. Chop it in for a turbo if you want poke.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Brownstone said:

Not much to be squeezed from a NA unless you spend heaps. New exhaust system, enlarged inlet plenum, high flow air filter and remap isn't going to get that much more poke.
Next step would be headwork. High lift cams, aggressive valve settings, higher compression.... Big bucks. Chop it in for a turbo if you want poke.

Thanks for the advice, but so far I would not trade in my soundtrack for extra HP in a Turbo.

Fair do's. You do indeed have a lovely car. Leave it be, jobs a good un :thumb:

Wait for the 991.2 GTS......I'm guessing 450bhp.

~ Maxie

Brownstone said:

Brownstone, A big part of what you need is to improve the lower/ mid range in the power curve which things like ipd throttle body plenum adds 15 bhp

http://www.ipdplenums.com/products/plenums/carreras/991-dfi-carrera-s

sports exhaust 15 bhp

http://www.armytrix.com/Porsche-991.php

remap about 25bhp DMS list it for the 997.2 gts but it would be similar for yours

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/upgrades/porsche-911-3-8-gts-997-2/

If you have a Porsche warranty then you might not be able to do some or all of these. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
If you have a Porsche warranty then you might not be able to do some or all of these. :thumb:

I did, he he he..... :D

Maxie said:
Wait for the 991.2 GTS......I'm guessing 450bhp.

~ Maxie

That will have the same soundtrack issue as chopping it in for a "Turbo" as opposed to a GTS that will also be a turbo (with a small t)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back