Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My take on a 987 version of the GT4

7th.seal

Over the past 12 months I've been converting my 987 S into my ideal Cayman... from this:

IMG_1095_zpsunr0bk2o.jpg

to this!

AK7Z5460_zps9c85pbil.jpg

Wow that is a transformation, I only thought people did projects like that on Insurance buy backs that require work in the first instance.

That takes some guts as it was a lovely car to begin on. I think it's a good car of choice as the Cayman is a beautiful handling car with the power plant behind the seats.

I agree it'd be great to have a list of jobs completed so far.

The car really has a heap of modifications, i have images of everything so perhaps when i have a little time i can share them with you all.

So far i've done a wavetrac diff, lightened clutch and flywheel, RSS engine mounts, all the RSS arms and toe steer stuff, AWE exhaust, CSF triple radiators using all OEM GT3 parts, EVOMS intake, EVOMSIT software, Tarox brakes, Recaro seats, Schroth harnesses, Kenwood audio, Bilstein Damptronic suspension.... the list is quite long :pc:

VERY NICE JOB :thumb:

Epic colour for a Cayman..

Love it.

WOW wasnt expecting that transformation more details required :thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words! Unfortunately no 997 motor... yet, i'd like to put the 3.8DFi engine in, but also weighing up building this engine. I'm undecided but anyhow, it's a problem for next year!

I've just started to upload the images and i can't quite believe how many there are. Here's a shot of where the slippery slope begun around 1 week after purchase:

IMG_1316_zpszskzm1eo.jpg

Springs, brake fluid, lines, front splitter and a GT3 master cylinder. We've come a long way!

MNC911 said:
Wow that is a transformation, I only thought people did projects like that on Insurance buy backs that require work in the first instance.

Eh? Mine was a 14k mile 2 owner minter when I started.

7th.seal said:
The car really has a heap of modifications, i have images of everything so perhaps when i have a little time i can share them with you all.

So far i've done a wavetrac diff, lightened clutch and flywheel, RSS engine mounts, all the RSS arms and toe steer stuff, AWE exhaust, CSF triple radiators using all OEM GT3 parts, EVOMS intake, EVOMSIT software, Tarox brakes, Recaro seats, Schroth harnesses, Kenwood audio, Bilstein Damptronic suspension.... the list is quite long :pc:

One thing we love on here is a build thread!

MNC911 said:

That takes some guts as it was a lovely car to begin on.

Yes, hats off to the customisers of this world. I'm fed up with restoration/investment threads.

Love the colour. Respray or wrap?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back