Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster parts and problems

Butty74

Hi can anyone help with any of the following ..

1 replacement indicator 4 stalk needed,can anyone recommend a breakers in Manchester or nationwide.

2 engine management light on for a 3rd time after being in twice for oxygen sensors...?.

3 wet patch on drivers carpet,checked drainage holes,all ok,how do I know which seal to replace

Any help massively appreciated :thumb:

2) have the coil packs been checked / changed ?
Just a suggestion as know these can be problematic as they age and can sometimes cause oxygen sensor errors on certain readers?

:?:

Cheers
Adam

Wet patch on carpets - if not drain holes (check front as well as rear), could it be the seal between the door cards and doors. These can allow water through if the 'gasket' fails or the card's been off, so is bottom of door(s) damp? also make sure the tray under clam shell the water collects in and goes down the drain holes isn't damaged or cracked

As for a breakers never really used one, but there's Douglas Valley at Standish (think they are on eBay as Steve Strange) , there's Jasmine Porsche who I think do some used parts at Nelson. You do also see them on eBay.

Hope this helps

If it's the wet patch is behind the seats on that part it's definitely the drainage in the clamshell. I used a pressure washer to blast them through on my 986. All kinds of leaves came out the bottom. Also drainage in the front so if the wet patch is at the front in the footwell it's the front ones. If it's on the side then most likely door seal as said above.

2/ a poor functioniong air mass sensor will often throw up lambda fault codes .. you should have driveing issues with it though , ie not reving past 4.5 k or feeling very flat .. lack of power .

To check i unplug them and give it a drive .. can normally soon see if its better performance wise .

3/ water leak behind drivers seat is rear drain hole as mentioned above , in front of seat then drains holes .. youve checked , look for any grommets in the bulkhead right side of battery.

If its a 987 then under the wiper arms is a panel , windscreen seal is possible.

Best to get someone to hose it down whilst you look under the dash for the leak .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back