Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner

Ale_72

Hi,
my name is Alessandro and finally I found my, already loverd, 964 C4 convertible. 1991, 164k km, fully serviced here in CH.
I have and I will have tons of other questions, but first I want to search the forum since I can bet that all my questions already have an answer.

A couple of pics after the first wash this week

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Very nice car Alessandro ,and welcome to the forum, the guys on here have lots of knowledge and I am sure will help with any questions you have. :thumb: :grin: :welcome: :welcome:

Well...
Since you asked me 8)
The question for which I do not have a proper answer yet is: Given that I'd like to have back the old good orange turn signal and that in porsche, for the 4 pieces, at the end I'd pay around 250 euro, I was wondering:
1. are the compatible parts (the ones I have often seen on eBay with white plastic rear) good enough? In that case I found them at 60/70 eur.
2. where can I find the Bosch OEM parts (with silver rear) at a decent price, if possible?

Al the other questions I had were already addressed by reading here and there :thumb:

Hopefully some of the Air cooled guys will be along shortly to give you some ideas on these questions. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum & 964 Alessandro.

I find its actually Porsche center to be the cheapest for genuine Porsche parts as they normally offer 10% discount for PCGB members. I also talk to Matt @ http://type911shop.co.uk/ as he is honest and knowledgable and knows the quality of after market parts.

Ciao Mondrian,
thanks!
Yes I usually get a similar discount from my dealer as well... I was hoping to find somebody who made the amber-->white upgrade and that was willing to get rid of the oldish ones.

No idea. Best to drop Matt an email as he can advise you on quality too.

Welcome aboard chum :thumb: I went back to orange as I prefer them against the silver contrast on mine. Fortunately they came with the car as it had white on when I bought it.

I dont think the front turn/reflectors have been re-manufactured so you'll need to go to Porsche or secondhand. The small yellow wing units are VAG (Mk2 Golf I believe)

However there is a dealer selling them on eBay Here so these could be copies at the price :dont know:

Just wait until you find out the price of front fog lamps :nooo:

Yes, I am pretty sure that the ones linked on eBay are copies.
I will look around if in the next weeks anything pops up, else a trip to my dealer will be needed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back