Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone had a Target Blu Eye installed?

6appeal

6appeal said:
Had a look at one at a shop today and could see in their workshop that a 911 was having one fitted.... so made me consider.

Anyone have one? any tips or feedback.

They seem to be about £800.

http://www.target-blu-eye.co.uk/?gclid=CPOkzt2wus8CFdU_Gwod1ZcEyA

The guys at my local remappers have all got them fitted and swear by them as far better than any other alert around , pricey but better than the alternate :grin: :grin: they have been highly recommended to me, I am using a different older type of alert but its on my list to do at some point. :thumb:

I use my normal eyes to see the emergency services.

I must admit I see people that overtake other people that have pulled over to let the emergency services by, then these people realise once the blue lights are 1 meter behind them and eventually move over, these are the people than need this but for any normal observant road user, surely this is not required?

Am I missing something?

infrasilver said:

I must admit I see people that overtake other people that have pulled over to let the emergency services by, then these people realise once the blue lights are 1 meter behind them and eventually move over, these are the people than need this but for any normal observant road user, surely this is not required?

Am I missing something?

+1 :thumb:

I got landed with a " driver awareness course " for moving out of the way of an Ambulance with blues and twos at traffic lights a couple of years ago...............the law says stay put, the emergency driver`s job is to get around you, not the other way around :sad:

infrasilver said:

Am I missing something?

I presume Chris that these detect unmarked police vehicles in your vicinity and so that you can check before flooring it. I've had unmarked vehicles sitting behind me on the A50 and M1 in the past just waiting for me to open the throttle and go for it, so has the missus. Might save a few points in the future. Marketed as blue light warning apparatus but sold as police vehicle detection tool.

:floor: These are being used so you know when :cop: :cop: is close by so it doesn't matter which speed tracking system they are using there in vehicle radio is still giving them away lol I think the fact it alerts you to all emergency vehicles close by is just a way of getting it not outlawed. :grin: :thumb:

DaveH911 said:
I presume Chris that these detect unmarked police vehicles in your vicinity and so that you can check before flooring it. I've had unmarked vehicles sitting behind me on the A50 and M1 in the past just waiting for me to open the throttle and go for it, so has the missus. Might save a few points in the future. Marketed as blue light warning apparatus but sold as police vehicle detection tool.

Exactly this happened to a mate on M11

He wasn't speeding , a car came up fast behind him, and sat there .... he booted his Ferrari .....

:cop:
6 points :frustrated:

This is so bizarre, when we were in France an ambulance was oncoming (not that we clearly see it) and the audible siren sound came through the speakers in the 911. Totally deadening the radio and the PCM Satnav.

It was mainly through the front central on the dash. We both looked at each other & I was looking down on the instruments panel to see (initially) what the car was warning me to. Like something was very wrong and stop driving.

Then the ambulance came into view & we put 2+2 together as it went past, then the sound system went back to normal playing music.

It's only you mentioning that it reminded me to inquire about it once I was back home.

My 911 doesn't have any gadgets on show though.
Anyway would I spend £000's on a warning emergency service approaching, never. It's their job not to hit me, they're blue light trained, and I give consideration where possible for any emergency service. :thumb:

I agree £750 is a lot to be warned a fire engine is coming, but its not a lot to warn you the silver BMW in the middle lane you are approaching at 95mph has a police radio fitted and is going to pull you if you didn't know he was :cop: then its well worth £750 :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
I agree £750 is a lot to be warned a fire engine is coming, but its not a lot to warn you the silver BMW in the middle lane you are approaching at 95mph has a police radio fitted and is going to pull you if you didn't know he was :cop: then its well worth £750 :thumb: :grin:

I'll just keep taking the finger wagging, it's cheaper.

:floor: :floor: Wish they only finger wagged down here, we seem to get all the over zealous 12year old rookies, who will pull you for anything they can, like they are going to get a prize for the most pointless tickets they can issue. :grin:

Before you guys go buying this system I'd do some research first.

I believe the current Police Airwave system (Target Blue Eye uses this) is being scrapped soon. EE have won the contract to host the new Emergency Services Network (ESN) on its 4G network. This goes live mid 2017. I think the Airwave system is being switched off in 2020.

How all this factors in with Target Blue Eye I'm not entirely sure but if my understanding is correct, it may have a short shelf life. Something to research before buying.

That's very interesting toffeeman, and a good heads up thanks :thumb:

toffeeman said:
Before you guys go buying this system I'd do some research first.

I believe the current Police Airwave system (Target Blue Eye uses this) is being scrapped soon. EE have won the contract to host the new Emergency Services Network (ESN) on its 4G network. This goes live mid 2017. I think the Airwave system is being switched off in 2020.

God help them if this true ! I live 1 mile from the EE uk headquarter and my EE phone has no signal at all!

EE is very patchy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back