Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Radio security code

jordo

Hi
Is it possible to find out the security code for the radio/sat nav before I disconect the battery to change my door. The car is 2002.
Thanks Neil

if your car is a 996.2, then it will have a MOST audio system, which is paired to the DME.

There is no radio code (the unit will automatically re-pair on battery reconnection etc).

If the car is 996.1 (preMOST), then the radio code will be on a card in the document wallet (possibly long gone), or ask the DME.

A code reader will allow you to interrogate the DME, which stores the factory 4-digit code.

E.g.

996_c4_253.png

Thanks for that. How would I know if it is a 996. 1 or 996.2.
It is a face lift model.
Thanks Neil

I have found a code card. Would this code ever have changed? There is one for the navigation, one for the pcm and a becker ident card. All have different serial numbers.
The reason I am unsure. The previous owner told me he had it reset because he didn't have a card

jordo said:
It is a face lift model.
Thanks Neil

The 'facelift model' is a 996.2 so you shouldn't need to input a radio code.

T8 said:
jordo said:
It is a face lift model.
Thanks Neil

The 'facelift model' is a 996.2 so you shouldn't need to input a radio code.
Unless it is an early 996.2 which is pre MOST and will require a code. 2002 it could be pcm1 which is not coded to the car.

Does your radio/satnav have a cassette player? If it does then it is pcm1 and a code is needed.

That is true, the early 996.2 Turbos (for example) with no glove box (without a glove box!) will be preMOST

My 996 carrera is a facelift 3.6 but is pre MOST and it has a glovebox.

Mine is MY2002 facelift turbo. It has radio with cassette player and needed the Radio/PCM code when I replaced the battery. Luckily I had the DME download data printout that had the code.

So glove box yes, Facelift MY2002 yes, and cassette player so requires code meaning it is pre-MOST. I thought it was automatically MOST but not so.

It does have a cassette and a glove box. Hope the codes I have found are the correct ones and they haven't been changed.

The codes listed in the DME are for the original radio , if it has had a replacement then they will not be correct unless updated and this very rarely happens im afraid.

Sometimes the number will be something like 78540 .. the code is a 4 digit code so take the first 4 numbers and ignore the last .. 0 in this example.

cheshire911 said:
Mine is MY2002 facelift turbo. It has radio with cassette player and needed the Radio/PCM code when I replaced the battery. Luckily I had the DME download data printout that had the code.

So glove box yes, Facelift MY2002 yes, and cassette player so requires code meaning it is pre-MOST. I thought it was automatically MOST but not so.

Just checked, all MY2003 onward were MOST equipped.

Thanks for clarifying this. I thought (mistakenly) that the facelift in 2002 saw the move to MOST whereas this move was the following year.

Demort: Good point about the code being for the original radio.
Mine is all original so it wasn't something that crossed my mind.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back