Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stretched front PU and cracked paint - advice

Gareth64

Dear all,

Just got a quotation to repair and repaint front PU. Stretched slightly and needs repainting along with usual stone chips (see attached picture - should be clear.)

Garage is very well known and Porsche OPC approved for bodywork/Insurance etc in North London and has some excellent reviews. I'm sure the job they'll do will be excellent.

Quotation is £650+VAT.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• img_0752_172.jpg
    img_0752_172.jpg
    634.4 KB · Views: 3,983
Sounds expensive. I had mine done this time last year, £300 for a couple of scratches and a full spray. The body shop removed and re fitted it too.

Shurv said:
Sounds expensive. I had mine done this time last year, £300 for a couple of scratches and a full spray. The body shop removed and re fitted it too.

That's what I thought. It aint rocket science painting PU

Agreed £3/400 is where a job like that is at from a decent bodyshop . £650 is Insurance paying type cost.

Porsche-approved bdyshop will not be the cheapest price.
You may find it cost-effective to ask for a PU and bonnet with blend into wings if you have a lot of chips on the bonnet.

But again, never going to be the cheapest price.
Bobs body shop in XX3 YZ13 will do the whole car for you with thye best blend of paint so you can't ever see its been resprayed for £200 all-in and neither will the dealer or buyer when you come to sell it!

Highly recommeded is Bob.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back