Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For those that want shine, but dont know where to start

CarreraMonkey

1/2 way through a bottle of rouge last night, I purchased a triple pack of panel.pots and a bottle of pre wax cleanser from Wax world specifically for testing by 911UK forum members.

There's 3 different waxes to try and I'd really like to get some people that haven't tried some basic detailing activities to take me up on my offer. You'll need to clean your car in an appropriate way, but I'd love to see the results and feedback you give.

On offer are iwax, oblivion and white noise.

So this is a call to action. Who's up for it ?

wont have my car bace for another good few weeks, bu tintersted in the results

I would be more than happy to help out trying some new products.

My car is a vesuvius 996.

Is white noise specifically for white cars?? I have three white cars, must be mad!! Let me know if you want me to try any!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: very interested to see the results gents, following this thread with interest. :thumb:

I'm on a business trip at the moment, but will find some time to post a bit more info later.

Thanks a great carrot Monkey, a great opportunity to get people started :thumb:

Where's Phil? :FYI:

KJD said:

Kev, watching with interest :popcorn: :popcorn: looking forward to hearing the views of others on these v the products they have been using.

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

Kev, watching with interest :popcorn: :popcorn: looking forward to hearing the views of others on these v the products they have been using.

Great so that's Simon Cowell, Prince Charles and James Blunt all signed up :floor:

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

Great so that's Simon Cowell, Prince Charles and James Blunt all signed up :floor:

:?: do I have to be James Blunt again :sad: I don't even know the words to You're Beautiful :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

:?: do I have to be James Blunt again :sad: I don't even know the words to You're Beautiful :thumb: :grin:

Be thankful your not Price Charles :Happy:

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

Be thankful your not Price Charles :Happy:
ooo yea :eek: dont go much on that camilla would want a refund :grin: ooops off with his head :queen: :guard: :guard:

Terrible spelling above. I can't tell if I'm meant to be a great carrot monkey or price Charles?

Secondly, the wax supplier is wax planet, not wax world as I'd previously put (did I mention the red wine ). Www.waxplanet.co.uk

Ok, onto the waxes..

iwax is a hybrid wax. Easy to use, gives a glossy deep, wetlook finish and should last a while.

Oblivion is a show wax designed to give the ultimate finish. But it won't last that long I'd guess.

White noise isn't just for white paint, it's for all paints, however it's based on Montana wax, rather than carnuba wax. What that means, I don't know.

My next challenge is to find suitable bottles to split the prewax up into..

CarreraMonkey said:
Terrible spelling above. I can't tell if I'm meant to be a great carrot monkey or price Charles?

Secondly, the wax supplier is wax planet, not wax world as I'd previously put (did I mention the red wine ). Www.waxplanet.co.uk

Ok, onto the waxes..

iwax is a hybrid wax. Easy to use, gives a glossy deep, wetlook finish and should last a while.

Oblivion is a show wax designed to give the ultimate finish. But it won't last that long I'd guess.

White noise isn't just for white paint, it's for all paints, however it's based on Montana wax, rather than carnuba wax. What that means, I don't know.

My next challenge is to find suitable bottles to split the prewax up into..

:floor: :floor: That's clearly in anticipation of your visit to Dorset ,
Great Carrot Monkey :floor: :floor: . made me howl :grin:
But actually I think its meant to be, That's a great carrot your dangling to incentivize others to try different products Monkey.But now forever it will be just "great carrot monkey" which does sound like a batman exclamation" great carrot monkey robin, to the bat mobile".
I think Kev in Price Chaz as he in Wales :wink: :eek:
I am that bloody James hunt again :eek: :D :grin:

Montana wax is what they put on snow boards and skis. so would make any cats on the car slide off well :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back