Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Now 991.2 4S on order

huwcymro

Have recently paid a deposit for a 4S, have been quoted 6 months delivery time,which seems long. Any comments from recent order placed members

Sounds about right. I agreed my deal in Feb, paid my deposit early March, and had an end July build slot, and delivered to UK Mid August, so was 5 months from deposit for me, plus I waited a couple of weeks until collecting.

Your order now should therefore be just about right for March delivery/registration.

You're other option is phoning around dealers to find any with a secured build slot earlier... but chances are, they've already sold them, you may luck out with a cancelled order.

Put down my deposit in late August and was also quoted a 6m delivery date but was fortunate enough to have the dealer secure an October build for November delivery. The waiting and reconfiguration is painful though.:frustrated:
What's your spec?

thedarkknight said:
Put down my deposit in late August and was also quoted a 6m delivery date but was fortunate enough to have the dealer secure an October build for November delivery. The waiting and reconfiguration is painful though.:frustrated:
What's your spec?

I have not put the spec in yet, awaiting a Silverstone drive. It will be PDK, metallic white, black wheels, black sliding glass roof, active cruise control for safety, I am not sure about the rear wheel steering, need to try. Also `I am not sure about the `Bose sound system. Sports exhaust, sports chrono, sports seats.

Presently `I have a 2015 991 4GTS same colour white and black PDK similar spec, but with Bose, but with the noise of the engine and road noise, I am wondering if it is worth it.

Bose stereo does sound good, but I can't advise whether there is actually any discernible difference or not to that of standard.

If you're going PDK, I would add the sport chrono with it, if for nothing else than the armageddon button on the steering wheel with the mode switch ;) Its not essential by any means, but is good fun.

6appeal said:
Bose stereo does sound good, but I can't advise whether there is actually any discernible difference or not to that of standard.

If you're going PDK, I would add the sport chrono with it, if for nothing else than the armageddon button on the steering wheel with the mode switch ;) Its not essential by any means, but is good fun.

The sport chrono definitely with the PDK. Also I see there is a new internal colour now which i like the sport - tex in graphite blue and crayon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back