Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2 rear anti roll bar fitted to 997.1 GT3

Stuart Mackay

Just fitted the GT2 thicker, and stiffer rear bar, took about ten minutes, used original rubber bushes, although GT2 bar is 2mm thicker than GT3, used middle hole as initial setting, track day planned at snett tomorrow, so will report back on results. :)

what geo are you running ?

All went very well, car was planted, cornered flatter, very neutral and Coram was able to be taken a few MPH faster, so pleased with that mod.

Just fyi, the bushes are actually a service item on gen 2 997, seems a bit odd but they are pretty lightweight items..

What was the p/n on the GT2 rear ARB?

part number is 997 333 701 96
Pic below

Attachments

• img_20160912_171706_469.jpg
    img_20160912_171706_469.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 5,386
Excellent - cheers :thumbs:

Sweet! Looking fwd to doing this mod one day soon. You get more options with it, dont you?

Couple of pics from Snett in September

Attachments

• lhp_8786crop_137.jpg
    lhp_8786crop_137.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 5,109
going through Bombhole, which loads the rear up

Attachments

• lhp_9373crop_179.jpg
    lhp_9373crop_179.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 5,107
Nice pics! How did you find the new ARB then? I also have it, on the middle setting too with CoG geo settings, car is fairly 'neutral'. The softest setting on the GT2 bar is more firm than the hardest setting on the OEM bar from memory. Good cheap and easy mod to go, well worth doing

Roro said:
Nice pics! How did you find the new ARB then? I also have it, on the middle setting too with CoG geo settings, car is fairly 'neutral'. The softest setting on the GT2 bar is more firm than the hardest setting on the OEM bar from memory. Good cheap and easy mod to go, well worth doing

Thanks Roro, and I think you can see that roll is minimal and it certainly does turn in well, (car has been corner weighted and I am running a smidge of toe out at the front). Both ends of the car seem have similar levels of grip with no evidence of the front trying to "wash out". But I havent been brave enough to test the limits of grip to see which end lets go first. I need to test it more on a steady state corner, such as Coram, which allows the car to start drifting, it is appears to be a bit faster around there now compared to before.
On the road, the car is sublime. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back