Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blackfire Black Ice Wax - for black cars

CarreraMonkey

Yesterday I cleaned the wife's convertible for the first time.
The process was really straight forward:

Citrus / cherry snowfoam
2 Bucket wash with AG conditioning shampoo
Paint Decontamination with TRIX
G3 Claymit with AG Rapid detailer

Then a coat of Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish followed by a coat of Blackfire Black Ice Wax. It's a Hybrid carnauba wax with montan wax (in black boot polish)so is packed full of polymers and will be very durable (4 months of protection) although it can be topped up with Blackfire Midnight sun spray.

It goes on very easily, although you have to apply it very lightly and evenly, leaving it for 5 - 10 minutes, but not allowing it to dry completely. Simply wipe off then buff.

The results speak for themselves I think. Super deep and very 'wet' looking. Its a little pricey at £58 for a 3oz tub, but it will last forever.

If you have a black car and want an easy to use wax which delivers outstanding results, I'd highly recommend it.
:thumb:

8) 8) 8)

Phil 997 said:
Very nice job mate, I like the Blackfire Midnight sun spray and use it on mine to top up. I came across this Blackfire product the other day . have you tried it , never seen wax in the spray can

http://www.waxmiracles.co.uk/product/blackfire-midnight-sun-spray-wax-aerosol/

I have seen it before, but never used it. It's just the same stuff that you use but in an aerosol, so it will end up going everywhere in my opinion.

Perhaps useful if you're polishing a van with big flat sides, but otherwise a bit pointless in my opinion.

Better off with the regular spray.

Hadn't thought about the fog going everywhere , your right will not bother with that one :thumb: :grin:

Surperb results, something very rewarding working on dark colours where the results are very evident.
Makes it all worth while :thumb:

Good work CM. How long did the process take, end to end?

nigel99 said:
Good work CM. How long did the process take, end to end?

About 3 hours in total Nige. I'd do that level of clean 3, maybe 4 times a year maximum. Hybrid waxes and sealants last longer than carnauba wax anyway and in theory will last perpetually if you top them up with wax spray.

If I was just recoating the wax, I'd skip the decontamination and claying stage and clean the paint with a pre-wax cleanser or in this case BF GEP.

I don't usually snow foam the car for a standard wash, unless it's really dirty or I want to do the whole process from start to finish..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back