Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Boxster mods under way.

r1andy

Well, I love changing things and make cars/Bikes a bit different and my own.
I have a massive list to do with this car but here is what I have done so far,

GTS front end
GTS rear lights
GTS diffuser
9mm Rear spacers
6mm front spacers
Brake discs refurbished

Next is the handling, it's not right and I recon I will require full sports suspension to get this car to handle the way I want it. I do think with PASM the car tries to be to many things and it does them fine but none fantastic. (this is just my opinion so don't jump on me for it) I race bikes, so handling is a massive priority.

Cheers

I recon these wheels would looks class however they ain't cheep lol

OP nice motor sir ,best not let my wife see that one I think it could be a cheque book job :sad:

Nice car, really like the GTS look. I think I'd have to go down that route if o got one.

I think your spacers comments meant to say 9mm rear 6mm front.

I still think there's something not right with your car. I've never read anyone who thought their Boxster didn't handle right certainly not a 981. It's possible when you do fit new parts you'll discover an issue with current parts fitted.

isysman said:
Nice car, really like the GTS look. I think I'd have to go down that route if o got one.

I still think there's something not right with your car. I've never read anyone who thought their Boxster didn't handle right certainly not a 981. It's possible when you do fit new parts you'll discover an issue with current parts fitted.

Yes, fixed that lol, thanks.

When I dug a little deeper into the floating feeling, it seams common with PASM but it's only on certain road conditions. There is a video review I found somewhere and the first thing the guys said when he went from the Cayman to the Boxster was the floating feeling and a light front end. I will dig it out.
The issue I am having with the handling was there before I added the new parts. They have made no difference.

Cheers

r1andy said:
I recon these wheels would looks class however they ain't cheep lol

Oh yes they would very nice :thumb: or sick as they say in the USA :lol:

Those alloys look great, and £2400 inc vat EACH
the colour of the ones in the BOTTOM pic are brushed dark clear and it looks much better than the gloss black version in the TOP pic IMO

:grin:

Attachments

• pfaff_911_ts_0_173.jpg
    pfaff_911_ts_0_173.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 5,965
  • 10406832676_62aa166ea3_o_206.jpg
    10406832676_62aa166ea3_o_206.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 5,965
They are superb looking, where can you get these for 2400? I though they where closer to 10K lol

Your car looks superb! :thumb:
I'll be looking for a 981 'S' soon but it needs to have some toys on it :D

michelin said:
Your car looks superb! :thumb:
I'll be looking for a 981 'S' soon but it needs to have some toys on it :D

Cheers bud,

Class car. You can do plenty with them.
Good luck.

isysman said:

If you go to the first video review here by XCars ,around 5,12. it's the first thing the guys says. Boxster handling sucks lol, just kidding.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=91730

Cheers

Biassed as I am, the GTS look is the best in view.

May I ask where you sourced the parts?

Are these new or used and what sort of money did you have to part with?

Also, does your car have a centre radiator?

cheers :thumbs: :thumbs:

tim

tim993 said:
Biassed as I am, the GTS look is the best in view.

May I ask where you sourced the parts?

Are these new or used and what sort of money did you have to part with?

Also, does your car have a centre radiator?

cheers :thumbs: :thumbs:

tim

Cheers Tim,

I got a full OEM front bumper kit on eBay £1200 and got an OCD mate to paint and install. It's 100% perfect.
I did not install the third rad however I fitted a black grill which filled the gap nicely.
I bought the OEM rear lights from a German company FVD and the rear diffuser from Porsche.
The wheel spacers came from Porsche shop.co.uk , they are an excellent fit and very well made.
All in all I got the look I wanted with OEM parts for a fraction of the cost and I mean a fraction.

I agree with you on the look, I really do think the 981 GTS range is some of the best looking Porsche cars available, however they are vastly under powered, 500 BHP has a nice ring to it lol

Cheers

Re handling: I'd pay a visit to Chris Franklin @ Centre Gravity. Absolutely superb guy and so knowledgable! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back