Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Calendar

HPNer

Apropos, Highway's comment of lack of activity on the Forum and the recent 'pictures of your car' thread and indeed, having seen Ian's (Millomboy) great photo on the other active thread (and many others), it made me think we should put together a 993 calendar with pictures of our pride and joy in interesting situations. (Rlisters do one, and damn fine it is too)
The pictures for inclusion could be voted for by the Illuminati online and then sent off to Vistaprint or somesuch for printing (purchase cost around £10 for 50 calendars). We could add a couple of quid on the cost for Charidee, which would be nice. (Could flog them via Rlister too perhaps?)
All sort of Countryfile.
All ready for the New year . . .
Any thoughts?

:?: :?: :?:

Great idea! The epic silver arrows driving through Europe has to be top of the pops.

image_501.jpeg

Great idea Phil.

Good shout!

I'd have one, and would love the car to feature 8)

I love this idea.

Is that for real?

I hope you didn't scuff that tree with your paint!

Lovely idea. Count me in Phil :thumb:

mohitos said:

No offence to other 993 owners but I've fallen in love with your car :oops:

alex yates said:
mohitos said:

No offence to other 993 owners but I've fallen in love with your car :oops:

A man who appreciates the beauty of a narrow bodied C2. *blush*. And thanks :thumb:

Yes, please.

A proper 993 calendar would be a great thing to hang in my office..

Sign me up..

:thumbs:

Ok, following on from Matty's wake up call on another thread.
I am proposing a calendar for sale in late 2017, world wide (I'll see if renlisters want one).
These are my proposed rules for selection:
1. Moody/arty photos of your 993
2. Would be good if you are able to identify month or more likely season in the picture.
3. The photo must not have appeared online or previously published before.
4. You assign a licence to use the photograph for the purposes of the publication of 2018 993 calendar.
5. Photos may originate in any format so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png form. HDR images from multiple images are acceptable. Initially low res for judging and high res for publication.
6. No more than 1 photo to be submitted for judging per car.
7. I propose two of our most esteemed honorary 993 members as judges as to the images to be included, they being Mr 25 Bags himself Zingari and of course Mr Super Smudge, Kimbo. (I haven't asked them yet! So a proposal at this stage.)
8. Judges decision as to qualifying pictures is final.
9. Final date for photos to be received for judging September 30th 2017 (gives time for summer autumn and winter shots)
10. All proceeds other than direct costs of publication and postage to a Charidee TBA (I suggest Kimbo and Zingari should propose an exceptional cause that most of the members are comfortable with.)
11. I suggest that the photos are not posted here but all pm'd directly to the judges who then make the decision as to the final 12.

The big reveal occurring at end of November ready for the Christmas rush!

Happy to take on any advice comments suggestions etc. Once the judges have decided on the final I'm happy to arrange publication etc etc.

I expect cost of calendar to be around the £10-12 plus shipping.

What do you reckon?

:?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back