Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

G-Techniq C4 - How to apply it to exterior plastics.

CarreraMonkey

A couple of people have asked recently about G-Techniq C4 and how it should be applied. I can confirm it's exactly the same stuff as C5 wheel armour and the process is exactly the same really.

Here's how I applied it to the arch liners on my red car:

Firstly rinse the area to be coated and squirt with a strong cleaner. Here I'm using neat APC, it's sprayed on and left to dwell for a short while to eat into the grease and grime:
IMAG1603_zpsmlon8dfb.jpg

Next agitate the surface with a stiff brush to release all the crud from the plastic. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
IMAG1606_zpsgutet1tg.jpg

IMAG1609_zpsmv8hg9su.jpg

Once clean, pat dry with a MF cloth.
IMAG1610_zpsewyonnaf.jpg

Next, put on some gloves, soak a lint free cloth in panel wipe and give the plastic a thorough wipe over to ensure that it is absolutely clean.
IMAG1611_zps8znkpfla.jpg

Allow the panel wipe to flash off (you can see it drying in this picture).
IMAG1612_zps6nn3mpur.jpg

Then apply the C4 / C5 as usual, a small amount on the corner of a lint free cloth (I'm using a cloth instead of a pad as the surface is rough).
IMAG1618_zpssamicyhs.jpg

Lightly wipe off the surface to ensure a streak free even surface covering. Don't rub hard, just lightly wipe it in case there is any excess that needs removing.
IMAG1620_zpslfitzy9y.jpg

Don't let it get wet for 12 hours and and there you have it, a renewed surface which will repel dirt and grime, be easy to clean and will look good for 12 months or more. 8)

And remember to bin the MF cloth afterwards!
:thumb:

Excellent, many thanks. Ive got some C4 ready to treat my car, hopefully this weekend.

Excellent, definitely something I'll be looking to do. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back