Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I do it?. Please help!

Dhalsu

Hi guys,
I currently have a 60 plate 997.2 cabriolet C4S loaded (performance exhaust chrono etc). Mileage 37,000

I am thinking of getting a 991 Carerra 3.4 PDK ( no chrono and sports exhaust). 13 plate. Mileage 46,000 as I hear it is a better car.

The cost to change is 5 grand.

I am in two minds. Could someone offer some advice / real life opinions please?

I have sports chrono and PSE and must admit i wouldn't swap it for a car with none, just my opinion though, each to their own!

You could probably retro fit sports chrono & the exhaust, but that would increase the £5k cost upwards a bit.

I assume the values of a relatively plain 991 aren't going up, so the cost to change may not change too much. I would hold out for the spec you want.

Change in the spring when people get excited for cabriolets, and more 991s on the market

:dont know:

When you say the 991 is a "better" car - in what sense?

What is it you love about your car at the moment - does the 991 tick all the boxes that your c4s has?

If it was me, I would stick with yours....

Save another £5k and get the car you actually want.
By posing the question I think you know this car is a compromise.

Regards,
Siggy F

The fact that you're needing input from others probably means that you're seriously doubting the prospect.

The £5k cost to change to a 3 year newer and current model car is attractive but it's not a Cab and hasn't got the sound of your current car.

I'm a 991 fan and don't like Cabs so I'd do it. Only you can decide what's right for you.

Isn't it nice to be making First World Decisions. Good Luck :thumb:

I assume your pricing is based on a private sale?

I'd say go for the 991. I'm going from 997.2 C2 to 991 C2 and the cost to change for me is looking at £18K ish

markz86 said:

I'd say go for the 991. I'm going from 997.2 C2 to 991 C2 and the cost to change for me is looking at £18K ish

No. The dealer is offering me 47k PX price for my 997.2 c4s cab and his car is 52k. Hence 5k to change.

Dhalsu said:
markz86 said:

No. The dealer is offering me 47k PX price for my 997.2 c4s cab and his car is 52k. Hence 5k to change.

Probably the cost to change says it all, I'd factor in the depreciation curve of the 991 v 997.2. Plus there's a lot of 991 about and that's high miles on a Porsche. It's a better car evolution and all that, however is it a loved car amongst enthusiasts?

So did you chop in the 997 for the 991?

Rather than look at the price to change. i would check the value of both the cars based on spec and see if the price is reasonable. If it is a good price, i would go for it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back