Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service in South of France

Johnd52

I know that many on here visit the south of France regularly. Has anyone had experience of the Porsche centre in Antibes. The service has come round faster than expected and it would actually be more convenient (and necessary) to get it done here rather than leave it until I return.

Any advice gratefully received.

I've recently used Porsche Montpellier for my 993 and they were very good, don't know about Antibes but all the Porsche dealer sea the meet a similar standard.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi Johnd52

I have used the OPC admittedly not by choice!!! While on a euro trip and coming back home, my water pump decided to fail...ouch. It was a Friday afternoon...NOTE

No complaints on the OPC and good service, but if you need any special parts they don't hold much in stock and need to be ordered from Germany and not after 2pm on a Friday???

I would recommend them but i had no choice tbh. They do close for lunch and switch on an answer phone (all in French). It took me over an hour to get hold of them while under much pressure from SWMBO. Polite and there are couple of english speakers

So my little old water pump = tow off motorway, tow to garage, re book train back, extend plush hotel, wait for parts to arrive that could not be ordered until Monday from Germany, pump, belt and some fluids and a load of champagne in the region for 3 days. In total about euro 2600

NOTE to ones self, even if the car has never missed a beat, take out euro cover next time

Just to round this off, Porsche Antibes completed the service and did a great job. We sorted the details usin Google translate as my French is not up to debating the intricacies of service scedules. Car returned all shiny and spotless, inside and out. Very pleased.

Spending a hot sunny day in Antibes while we waited sure beat a wet industrial area in Leeds which is the usual pattern. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back