Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time For A New Pressure Washer

Andrew911

My Karcher K4 home is on its last legs (very little pressure & seems to surge). Have had it only three years but is used almost weekly to clean my car. Thought it would last longer tbh. But I guess its still quite good value & still comes up high on reviews. I could go for an entry level Kranzle home use pressure washer for an extra £100 ontop of the £200 Karcher. The Kranzle seems very well made - brass + stainlessl connectors etc. Oh I will also need to add an additional £50 for a snow foam connector/bottle.

Anyone have experience of the Kranzle or what would you recommend?

I use Nilfisk after three Karcher washers.
I'd recommend Nilfisk as a better build quality product in my budget up to £150.

cheshire911 said:
I'd recommend Nilfisk as a better build quality product in my budget up to £150.

My wife works for screwfix and recommended Nilfisk to me, apparently they get very few problems with them compared to quite a lot of problems with karcher.

Indeed my older karcher has packed up recently for no apparent reason, it has not been used a huge amount. Nilfisk machine is good value and does a good job :thumb:

I bought a sub £150 Nilfisk that was on offer at Argos a year or so ago and it has been very good.

cheshire911 said:

This!

Have a high end karcher & it's been problematic from day 1!

Its the third I've had & it will be the last.

Nilfisk in future.

My nilfisk is excellent, I've got a relatively cheap model (like £60?!). It's really light. I didn't even bother attaching the wheels.
Also got an 8 metre hose from Amazon.

Plenty enough pressure

Had 2 karchers. Both packed up

Karcher and Bosch, both packed up and were not repairable. Tried a Nilfisk which was ok, but then moved to a Kranzle which is very good.

I had a C120 that died in about two months but got my money back on that from Screwfix and got an E140.

They are good and you can do quite a bit with it. Check out qWashers on Ebay, get a good replacement rubber hose and you're all set.

The G4 guns don't last that long (18 months!) but only about 25 quid to replace or upgrade them with decent triggers, again from qWashers.

Regards
Fred

Thanks for replies. Looks like a nilfisk it is :)

Before you go ahead just check there is not a bit of crud or maybe a piece of the rubber hose blocking the nozzle slightly. We use big hot water machines on the farm and symptoms you describe are sometimes caused by slight blockage, even with big bore hoses. Worth a minute just to screw off nozzle and back wash it. Incidentally. agree that the little Nilfisk are decent units, have one for rinsing the cars etc as the farm machines would take paint off at 20 paces - Machine Mart often have good deals on kits.

Cheers...Ian

I recently bought the Karcher commercial one.

It replaced my domestic one and is chalk and cheese.

Cost a bit but think you get what you pay for.

My local detailer uses a small Kranzle and swears by it. I then bought a Kranzle 1050TST and it is absolutely brilliant.
I would not change to any other make now. Brilliantly made, proper fittings and decent length of hose and cable.
For what its worth I got mine sent from Aquaspray.co.uk who were very efficient.

You want one with a metal (not plastic) impeller for long service.

Seagull outboard engines knew a thing or two in their day :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back