Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In praise of Locktons

INWB

When I originally insured my Porsche I went with Locktons. I think they said I got Porsche Club membership as part of the deal but that never materialised. However the cover was good and Rachel at Locktons was fantastic.

So my renewal came through this week and although it was nice to see the premium drop a further £30 to £300 and some change I wanted to make some changes.

Went through to Rachel again and they must have some decent CRM system because all my details were up on the screen already. (I used to sell stuff like this but I have never heard it used so efficiently). Anyway changes were made and premium jumped £15 but hey - it is still cheaper than last year and the service was fantastic again.

Highly recomend them.

OP, I believe you need to be a PCGB member to be insured with them, but they include any PCGB organised track day in the price.

I have been with Locktons for last 2 years, very professional outfit, not the cheapest but level of cover for me is by far the best.

Lockton's are great

have been insured with them for nearly a year, and had a problem with windscreen failure, not a breakage, but the inner seal had failed. the policy on screen replacement was ambiguous and they spoke to Chubb on my behalf and low and behold, Insurance paid out. thanks to locations for save me a grand

Chaps,

I've just renewed my cover with Locktons & agree that they seem like a decent outfit. However, I would be interested in your opinions of the changes to their cover since August last year... Basically, they're no longer recognising no claims bonus or no claims bonus protection when they rate the premium.

I've built up 9 years ncb on my Boxster as a second car (got 10 years plus on my daily driver) & up until renewal had it protected with Locktons. I'm now faced with the prospect that in the event of a fault claim, I lose the lot. This could make life a little expensive come renewal time or if I wanted to move from Locktons in the future.

Seriously considering changing my cover to someone else.

What's your opinion of this change??

my policy is based on agreed value rather than a normal policy, and therefore the NCD used by the industry does not apply as it is the value you are insuring and not the street value of the car[

quote="Boxstercol"]Chaps,

I've just renewed my cover with Locktons & agree that they seem like a decent outfit. However, I would be interested in your opinions of the changes to their cover since August last year... Basically, they're no longer recognising no claims bonus or no claims bonus protection when they rate the premium.

I've built up 9 years ncb on my Boxster as a second car (got 10 years plus on my daily driver) & up until renewal had it protected with Locktons. I'm now faced with the prospect that in the event of a fault claim, I lose the lot. This could make life a little expensive come renewal time or if I wanted to move from Locktons in the future.

Seriously considering changing my cover to someone else.

What's your opinion of this change??[/quote]

I had the same issue with AIB/Hiscox on their High Net worth Policy.

It's a great Policy, but its not got the NCB structure to do precisely what you have said, and that's handle your NCB if you move away.

I did get confirmation that they would produce a NCB certificate, indicating what you had when you arrived, and if you'd been claim free during, so it does just have that question mark on the NCB when you come away.

I'll ring AIB and find out what it means for me, I'm assuming it'll be the same with Locktons who are probably using the same underwriters (hiscox or Equity Red Star)

I just renewed with ClassicLine.On the limited milage / Classic car policys, they no longer acknowledge anything above 1 years no claims bonus, this was a new rule that came into place last year apparently on certain policies??? i asked as was expecting to see another year added to by NCB statement

I cannot fault ClassicLine, super service, car is insured for an absolute silly amount after all the work the 9e did, all agreed in writing etc etc

Have never had to make a claim,,,,,that is the proof of the pudding as it were i suppose,,,hope to never have to

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back