Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Dim Dash

BarrowBoy

My 2005 Cayenne Turbo main instrument panel has suddenly gone dim...at night you can see the menus etc & adjusting the instrument brilliance does affect it, however during the daytime I cannot see anything.

The car is kept in the Middle East where temperatures regularly reach 50 degrees, this occurred whilst the car was standing outside waiting for a new Aircon compressor to be fitted. The garage said maybe someone had adjusted the brilliance or the heat may have caused the issue....is there a setting that could have caused this...is there anything I can do or is it a dash out scenario to have the fault remedied?

I have seen on other websites problems with cold weather but not when its hot.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

Paul

Hi Demort,

Looking on the internet it seems it is one of two possibilities (Both common faults). Either the voltage transformer or the LCD display screen. I suspect the changing in brilliance is probably just peripheral light from the other instruments.

I ran though all the menus in the dark & all is working fine so looks like its a dash out repair probably of the LCD screen which includes the backlighting. Unfortunately there seem to be plenty of people on eBay etc. offering the Mono screens (Cayenne S & Toureg) but not the colour version for the Turbo.

If anyone knows where I can get a colour LCD I would appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back