Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

drivers side wing mirror

Palladium

when you fold them back when parking, I noticed that the mirror flopped back much easier than the passenger side, well today, its completely floppy now, you can lift it out of its housing.

Can anyone advise, looks like its worn out to me.

flag type electric mirrors.

Floppy wing mirror

If it's anything like the SC mirrors, which I would have thought it be exactly the same. Then it's just a case of the large internal screw has come loose. You need to disconnect the mirror in order to see it, has it sits inside of the mirror.

I tightened mine up last week, it was very loose.

Undo the mirror Allen key bolt and pull the mirror off its supporting lug. Now the mirror is completely removed except the wires holding it to the door. You should be able to use thin nose pliers to turn the large screw bolt that is on the bottom of the mirror. This bolt has two slots in it, one either side for tightening looosening.

The wires run through the inside of the bolt. Very easy fix, only took about 20 mins.

thanks, i had everything done back in September, new motors and lenses, wiring was all up the creek and the door had to be taken off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back