Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres

Zorro

Just ordered a pair of 295/35 x21 N rated P Zero tyres from SETyres for £400 fitted. If I can still get the Pirelli £25 a tyre discount via the Porsche Club that works out at £175 a piece for a large, decent make tyre which I thought was pretty good. Last pair I bought was via an OPC following a recovered puncture (tyre literally exploded) at the same money a few months back, but I think they messed up on the price as they wanted £270 each this time. Said they couldn't even buy them themselves for £200 each (believe that if you will).

I personally stay with Continental Contisport Contact 3's on the 911.

Adding to your pricing comments, when I was speaking to the fitters at BlackCircles and building a rapport for other 911uk & PCGB members they informed me open & honestly they don't know how they sell certain tyres. Some are making literally £'s profit. I responded with a smile & pull the other one, but no, the lads were being absolutely straight faced & showed me another example for the BMW spec tyre, cost to buy against price to sell.

It's all to do with capturing the market and sometimes breaking even on some deals makes for a great deal for buyers, which in turn makes for great word of mouth and advertising as the go to place for tyres.

Sales techniques, the supermarkets do exactly the same thing to get people in the door week in week out.

OPC can only buy tyres from an " approved " tyre company .. in other words one Porsche has " selected " cough .

Tyres from OPC are supplyed more as a convenience to the customer rather than profit based .. OPC make very little money from them even at their costs .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hobie1
Back