Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 Front Bumper Conversion Competed - With Pics

Satch

A few of you may know that ive been undertaking a project to convert the 911 991 C2s to the GT3 front end (just the bumper really)

After getting a genuine used bumper delivered from Germany, it turned out to be junk as there were vital pieces missing, and it has a big crease in it which was only visible in sunlight. I sent this back to Germany and got a refund on that.

A few days ago my new replacement arrived, and was pre painted to was ready to fit.

If your thinking about doing this, a few of the parts are changable from your existing bumper like the lights, washer jets and supporting bracket (and a few other connectors) but everything else you will need to buy from Porsche.

The plastic parts cost me just short of £900
The bumper was £1500
Rivet gun (youll need one of these) £6.99

Total cost was around £2400. However add £3 or £400 if you need yours to be prepped and painted.

So you will be looking at around 3k for the conversion..... but thats not all.

When fitting, the inside wheel arches to not match up, so i expect to have to get the GT3 ones (another £100 each) and need to do some work to secure the bumper better on the underside. Cable ties will do for now.

Here are a few pics, its a very do-able project, i also put a how to remove the front bumper video guide on youtube.

What do you think?

Cheers..

Excellent job. :lol:

Well done. Looks completely factory finish. :thumb:

Well done Ali,

I admire your ability to buy a stunning car only to take it apart, suffer the supplier faults and long delays and still persist to a point where your car emerges to be a beauty again.

What's next on your list I wonder?

Hope to see your car soon, cheers, Keith.

Looks good, I will keep an eye out for it haven't seen it out and about in the village yet. :thumb:

Thanks very happy with it. It was nice to get out driving again.

Not bothered about a super top end performance, so if i lose a few bhp in the process then im not bothered. Looks more aggresive IMO....

look well... :thumb:

Looks good buddy :thumb:

Now get some stripes on there and go full 911 r 8)

Looks good. Lovely job.

Tidy! You just need the wings to match!

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back