Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts on this 991C4s

RJW1881

Spa-Francorchamps
Morning all,

I took a call from my brother in law last night asking me to go test drive this car with him on Saturday. All though I own a Porsche, I have very limited knowledge on the 991's. Any comments on the advert below would be welcomed.

PORSCHE 911 (991) CARRERA 4S COUPE 3.8 PDK £64,950
Aqua Blue Metallic with Black Full Leather Interior

http://www.top555.co.uk/stock/details/Porsche-911-U3195/

I do know they guys at Top555 and have confidence in them prepping the car and their after sales service. Its specifically this car I need advise on, for example is it missing any must have options?

IMG_2029-medium.jpg

IMG_2030-medium.jpg

VEHICLE OVERVIEW

Year 2012 (62)
Mileage 33,360
Exterior Colour Aqua Blue Metallic
Interior Trim Black Full Leather Interior
Body Type Coupe
Fuel Type Petrol
Engine Capacity 3.8
Transmission Semi Auto

VEHICLE SPECIFICATION

Switchable Sports Exhaust. Sports Seats Plus (4-way, electric). SportDesign Steering Wheel. ParkAssist (front and rear). Seat Heating. Porsche Entry & Drive. Light Design Package. Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including Navigation Module with Universal Audio Interface. Telephone Module with Bluetooth Interface. BOSE® Surround Sound System. Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors. Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof. Floor Mats. Windscreen with Grey Top-tint.

My view, the price is about right, the mileage is bit high you would hope for around 20k but if it's as good as it looks and the service history is in order then overall it stacks up to me. Nice colour as well.

You can be pretty sure if your brother doesn't buy it someone else will, good used 991's are a rare commodity at present so prices are holding up well.

Enjoy the test drive.

From a dealer it looks a good price for a C4S.

It's well spec'd although cruise control isn't mentioned in the advert.

I love Aqua Blue but it doesn't look as good on a 991 as on a 997 and, as with Cobalt, I'm not sure how 'the trade' will like it come resale time.

If he loves this particular car then nothing comes up for me apart from no cruise as T8 already flagged. I think that's good value, not many C4S around at that price. I guess they're being fair about the mileage, crazy as that sounds given its only done 8k per year :eek:

If your brother-in-law is intending keep the car for 3+ years and his mileage is say 5-6k per year, then it makes even more sense, he'll have a very saleable 7 year old C4S with less than 50k on the clock to sell to somebody like me :thumb:

Ok, going to be purposefully controversial... in the spirit of all options pragmatically considered, but for only £10k more he can buy a brand new 991.2 911 Carrera 2, thats 4 years newer and nil mileage and faster, modern media and more fuel efficient, 3 year warranty and all consumables at the beginning of their life. thats quite a lot for £10k

Nothing wrong with buying base model with no optional extra's. only urban legend says otherwise. Depends on many factors, personal preferences and how long he plans to keep the car etc etc...

Its all man maths. Good fun.

6appeal said:
... for only £10k more he can buy a brand new 991.2 911 Carrera 2, thats 4 years newer and nil mileage and faster, modern media and more fuel efficient, 3 year warranty and all consumables at the beginning of their life. thats quite a lot for £10k

........ Nothing wrong with buying base model with no optional extra's. only urban legend says otherwise ..........

Some people prefer to buy new and skimp on things that others find desirable.

Personally I'd rather have a nicely spec'd car that cost over £90k+ new for £25k off the new price, knowing that a large chunk of depreciation had been taken by the original owner.

It's no 'urban legend' that a new £76k non-S car with no options will depreciate far more in 3 years than a nicely spec'd 3 year old car will.

I'd rather spend £10k+ less now, ear mark £3k for 3 years warranty and set aside the rest for servicing/replacement of any consumables it may need in that time.

Everyone to their own. Without new car buyers there'd be no cars available for the rest of us :thumb:

It's rather well spec'd vehicle with the right boxes ticked, it does have cruise control, right hand lower stalk. It's certainly a very nice car.

Price seems good for a 4S, I'd interrogate the service history against the requirements. Plus I'd be carrying out a little homework for the next service & what will be required per the schedule.

Other than that go over it with a keen eye, most Porsche enthusiast / owners know what they're looking for & know their way round a 911.

Finally if you are keen get it booked in for an OPC to have a 111 point check, it's had its legs stretched and you'll want to be sure there's no lurking issues after parting with £65k.

Actually Porsche have 25 991 4S for sale as approved pre-owned, I'd be more inclined to go that avenue first.

Thanks for you input. I'm meeting at the dealer tomorrow at 10am, and it sounds like he has already decided to buy it. Good to hear the car isn't missing anything.

I believe Swindon OPC have one in with only 4000mls on the clock, PCCB, all the goodies ticked, it looks gorgeous, that's where I'd be putting my money. Full Porsche Warranty and Breakdown Assist, 2014 with 4k on the ODO.

That's where my chequebook would be opening. :thumb:

MNC, apologies for being lazy, but how much is that up for?

I was initially interested in that 911 4S however I wanted a manual, that must be over 6 months ago I am sure that was the same price then as it is now so it has not dropped in price. I did as per 6appeal mentioned I ordered a new 911.2 4S so the spec was 100% what I wanted and it's due next month. :wink:

Oooooh, that's a good outcome :mrgreen:

Look forward to seeing pics and what you think of it :thumb:

Not a bad deal, considering price when new! May be some room for movement.....

Love Aqua!

Is a nice colour & spec...

RJW1881 said:
Morning all,

I took a call from my brother in law last night asking me to go test drive this car with him on Saturday. All though I own a Porsche, I have very limited knowledge on the 991's. Any comments on the advert below would be welcomed.

PORSCHE 911 (991) CARRERA 4S COUPE 3.8 PDK £64,950
Aqua Blue Metallic with Black Full Leather Interior

http://www.top555.co.uk/stock/details/Porsche-911-U3195/

I do know they guys at Top555 and have confidence in them prepping the car and their after sales service. Its specifically this car I need advise on, for example is it missing any must have options?

IMG_2029-medium.jpg

IMG_2030-medium.jpg

VEHICLE OVERVIEW

Year 2012 (62)
Mileage 33,360
Exterior Colour Aqua Blue Metallic
Interior Trim Black Full Leather Interior
Body Type Coupe
Fuel Type Petrol
Engine Capacity 3.8
Transmission Semi Auto

VEHICLE SPECIFICATION

Switchable Sports Exhaust. Sports Seats Plus (4-way, electric). SportDesign Steering Wheel. ParkAssist (front and rear). Seat Heating. Porsche Entry & Drive. Light Design Package. Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including Navigation Module with Universal Audio Interface. Telephone Module with Bluetooth Interface. BOSE® Surround Sound System. Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors. Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof. Floor Mats. Windscreen with Grey Top-tint.

looks to have all the main options ticked :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back