Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS Motorsport Centrelock wheels and fitting kit

If they fitted my 997 turbo would have them Johny but never mind
Lovely kit that

kozzi said:
If they fitted my 997 turbo would have them Johny but never mind
Lovely kit that

As far as I know they do! 997 turbo wheels fit 996 turbo and vice versa.

What is a 997 turbo like on 18 wheels though??!!

More comfortable !!!!! The tyre height will be the same you will have a little more sidewall but the michelins etc have a high load rating ie 104 so cornering is no different, what is the rear tyre size on yours at the moment?

305/30/19 on rear

kozzi said:
305/30/19 on rear

Yeah they will fit fine and the tyres are virtually same height so all good. Car will handle and ride just fine but potholes wont be as uncomfortable, and tyres are cheaper !!!!!! Let me know what you like to run and ill see if I can find some, fronts are legal for a while.

Bump wheels now have all legal tyres on so drive in drive out and buy your expensive rubber further down the line.

So tempted by these , but would need a colour change to work on my car 🤔

I would be tempted by these too but with all the cash I'm splashing on my engine build I simply can not afford such luxuries

neil allan said:
So tempted by these , but would need a colour change to work on my car 🤔

They come apart in about 10 mins with a battery gun !!!! You could get the outer rim polished or anodised.

Put em back on Ebay but they now have all legal tyres, can even fit if your close enough

On ebay for £2500 to allow for bids, from Porsche these are 1K each plus close to 3K for fitting kit plus tyres !!!!! Oh and VAT

How much lighter are they than the stock hollow spokes?

911tom said:
How much lighter are they than the stock hollow spokes?

I would say quite a bit, with the car on a ramp I could pick a front wheel and tyre up and put it on the car one handed, if you weigh a front or rear I can do the same, use a set of scales, weigh yourself and then you and wheel, Ill weigh a rear tomorrow.

Cant find a weight for wheels and tyres but seems wheels are 6lbs lighter rear and 4 front I suppose diff tyres weigh different. But forget the weight its the cool points when people notice theres no wheel nuts !!!! :thumbs: Centre nut is 32mm

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back