Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning windscreen

mikeluke

Any top tips for cleaning the windscreen? Inside and out - no matter what I do, I always seem to have a film on the outside which is really noticeable in sunny weather

Thanks

I use autoglym glass polish, works for me.

MC

Autoglym Glass polish twice a year and Autoglym fast glass every wash works for me.......

Thanks, guys - let's see if I can find some later today!

I use the dodo juice glass cleaner which I now wouldn't be without. Apart from being able to see better, I do concours stuff as well and the finish is really good.

I find 'Bar Keepers Friend' very good for getting the screen really clear.

+1 Autoglym fast glass. Easy to apply and no smears.

Try a waffle weave cloth much much better than a microfibre on glass for a streak free finish .

I also find clay good on a windscreen but it must be one that isn't too abrasive.

We have some new products to try and do a review from Bouncers several of them are windscreen products. Have a read of the thread and if your interested to try them, let Kev know as he's getting them after carreramonkey and he can pass them on to you in a couple of weeks time. one of the products is supposed to make rain bead off etc.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113866&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

:thumb: :grin:

Pretzel said:
I find 'Bar Keepers Friend' very good for getting the screen really clear.

+1. Far better than any other product on the outside of the windscreen.

Try claying the glass but use regular window cleaner as the lube. Wipe off with a waffle, then spray with quick detailer and polish off. Dead easy to do, glass looks amazing and the rain beads off really well.

Gtechniq G1 on the outside, once a year.

Saves windscreen wiper rubber as the water runs off so you don't use your wipers.

Regards
Fred

I had to resort to mildly abrasive polish in the end... Tried in a small corner first and then did the rest gently... I don't know what was on the screen but neither Autoglym Fast Glass nor Glass Polish would touch it...

I use to always have a film when cleaning the windscreen - really annoying. But found out what the issue was. Is wasn't the product (I currently use gtechniq which i like) I was using it was how it was applied. i was basically applying too much product. I now spray a little of the product onto a microfibre cloth rather than direct onto the windscreen; apply the cloth to the windscreen. Then buff with a clean & different microfibre. No more film or residue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back