Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My BMW E46 M3 CSL replica

Boba fett

Well I love the CSL, I just don't think its worth the money, as a car, Sorry.

I do however, Love the look its perfect, it is a rare car that looks good from nearly every angle, in my eyes its the best looking M car ever.

So some will know, I set about doing a Replica and a cut price one at that.

Some on here here own them, feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I also love the E46 M3 also (including the "standard" M3) and had 2 in the past.

Have you done the cosmetics only or also gone under the bonnet etc? I'm especially thinking about that induction noise....

Nice looking car. I also was tempted to buy a csl but made the right choice instead I think of a 993.

ragpicker said:
It's not just the look but the sound that sets them apart.

Have you got the carbon fiber intake manifold? That makes all the difference to how they sound, the inlet roar is something else!

Yes, I have the Karbonius Carbon Airbox, that sounds (if not better as its Pre Preg) than the standard CSL airbox !! Even so - what I have bought and its quality has been documented as a genuine OEM replacement.

They are worth the money .. In the same way a 964 RS is worth the money ... Sure you can mod standard car s to,outperform the factory specials, but it is the fact they are factory specials that make them ' special' we will never see BMW build a car like the csl again

.... Saying that, I've just sold my CSL last week :( already missing it

Your car looks great though .. Apart from the csl badges ;)

Looks great. A really nice homage. What always impressed me about the CSL was what a great job the factory did to get the weight down from the std car. £25k more than the std car when they came out and most of them lost all of that in the first couple of years, was a cheap car for a while. A real gt3 worrier in 2003 too. They are still lovely but saddled with that tranny I couldn't own one. i think all the 46's are the best looking M's as long as they are dropped a little, they have a great stance. I had one new in 2003 and another new in 2005 and then an old one ten years later :)

... And I loved the gearbox .. But I only ever drove mine on country lanes and generally always giving it some

Looks nice..but way to go to be a true replica?

Being a former csl owner and m enthusiast those that know, 'know'...

No carbon roof - that is the one thing I would do. Saves a lot of weight high up and the one thing that really stands out on a grey car.
No carbon interior such as door cards and centre console
Std m3 brakes I am guessing?
Have you got the alcantara seats and different rear bench?

The csl market has moved loads because its a very very special car...not just a normal e46 m3. In years to come they will be worth double what they are as they were in such low supply, mainly have been binned and not looked after too.

I had an SG one and black one too in the days when they were newer and you could get them for 25/30k. A riot one the road and that noise...

:agree:

I think there are a few 'M' enthusiasts on here. I was lucky enough to have a version of each M3 (i.e. E30/36/46/90) until my last one (the e90) before I switched to Porsche cars as my favourite thing ever.

Whilst I never owned a CSL I did drive them several times and they are the best M3 ever made imo. Unfortunately when I was into M cars I wasn't in a position to have more than one car at once which meant that I inevitably went for the standard e46 (3 of them at various times).

My favourite standard M3 is the e36 evo, put that's a different thread on its own.

So yeah, it's a lovely looking e46 with the boot lid, wheels and stance; but anyone looking because they like CSLs will know it isn't one - yet anyway.

:thumb:

NLW73 said:
Looks nice..but way to go to be a true replica?

Being a former csl owner and m enthusiast those that know, 'know'...

No carbon roof - that is the one thing I would do. Saves a lot of weight high up and the one thing that really stands out on a grey car.
No carbon interior such as door cards and centre console
Std m3 brakes I am guessing?
Have you got the alcantara seats and different rear bench?

The csl market has moved loads because its a very very special car...not just a normal e46 m3. In years to come they will be worth double what they are as they were in such low supply, mainly have been binned and not looked after too.

I had an SG one and black one too in the days when they were newer and you could get them for 25/30k. A riot one the road and that noise...

This is a cut price replica, as in the first post, I'm not trying to kidd anyone here and by the time you have paid out for every little bit, you may as well by the real thing.

I love the look of the CSL so I have concentrated on that, the Carbon roof is being carried out. Its also my daily, so I'm not interested in the uncomfortable seats.

i found the CSL seats more comfortable than the seats in my m-sport 5 series ... so don't dismiss putting some nice buckets in :D

hot66 said:
i found the CSL seats more comfortable than the seats in my m-sport 5 series ... so don't dismiss putting some nice buckets in :D

I thought the same, I find the CSL seats very comfortable. They are very awkward to get kiddie seats in, but comfort is not an issue.

MC

i'm a fan of the e46 m3 and while i could never justift a csl i came close to buying a normal m3 a few times and i would certainly be following what your doing as the csl styling just looks so right!

i'm sure ive seen you on a couple of the bmw forums too and i'm sure you've seen a guy called neil's (m3nut on the forums) his is a beauty with lots of csl goodies and recently what looks like an amazing job on a carbon roof

996lee said:
i'm a fan of the e46 m3 and while i could never justift a csl i came close to buying a normal m3 a few times and i would certainly be following what your doing as the csl styling just looks so right!

i'm sure ive seen you on a couple of the bmw forums too and i'm sure you've seen a guy called neil's (m3nut on the forums) his is a beauty with lots of csl goodies and recently what looks like an amazing job on a carbon roof

Yes, I know the car, it is stunning :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back