Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stop-start issue/question

stallturn

I have just bought a 991 Gen1 C4S (62-reg, MY2013). For info, I own a Macan S and have previously owned a 981 Cayman S.

On collection, I was playing with the centre console buttons, when I noticed that the stop-start button light did not activate when the Sport button was pressed. This does/did happen on both the Macan and Cayman S. I queried this with the salesman. The car was taken straight into the workshop, plugged in and diagnostics run. The upshot of all this was that I was assured that everything was OK, and that MY2013 cars did not have this feature Two technicians told me this was the case (including the chief).

The stop-start light does activate when the button is pressed by itself, and the sports exhaust does activate, with light on, when the Sport button is pressed).

When I get home and look at the manual, it states specifically (in several places) that the stop-start de-activates when Sport mode is activated. So why doesn't the button light come on?

So I'm flummoxed. Are they having me on, or do MY2013 cars observe this protocol?
Does anyone run a 2013 911 that could confirm this (stop-start button light remains off when Sport button pressed), or otherwise?

On my 2012 Cayenne (for sale if anyone wants it :roll: ) pressing the Sport button does not illuminate the stop/start button despite it not defaulting to that mode when in Sport

Although the light doesn't come on- does it stop automatically?

Sulz said:

No, not in 'Sport' mode as the requirment for a sporty drive doesnt include having to wait a faction of a second for the engine to start up. If you want 'Sport' you dont want 'stop/start'.

The light on the 'stop/start' button is to signify its turned OFF

Think about it..................

Zingari said:
Sulz said:

No, not in 'Sport' mode as the requirment for a sporty drive doesnt include having to wait a faction of a second for the engine to start up. If you want 'Sport' you dont want 'stop/start'.

The light on the 'stop/start' button is to signify its turned OFF

Think about it..................

That was aimed at the OP to see if it is functioning correctly , regardless of the light being on or off. I am fully aware that in Sport mode it won't tun off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back