Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone still track their GT3?

Roro

Strange question, I know ...

I've been off the scene lately due to house purchase & home improvements etc (I finally have a garage!!!!!)

There used to be a fair few posts in this forum but now seems a bit quiet

I know usual suspects (NXI, Cunno) will be out on track 24/7, but what about everyone else :?:

Ps I'm hoping to start tracking again next season sometime 8)

Tracking, thats so next year :)

Oooh.... That mean you're bringin the RS out of hibernation? You went all M3 FUN on us from what I hear ... :)

As i write i am in Zanbvoort, here for a day tomorrow in the M3 :puh: RS Was in the eifel last month though :thumb: theres afew of us at DN in September if you're interested.

Good to hear :thumb: If anything I'll be DN ... 2017 :thumbs: Might start with a couple of local trackdays, Oulton Park if I can help it will be the first. Although I need to do Anglesey too. Been wanting to do that track for frikkin ages, looks mental

Done Anglesey a few month ago. Was fantastic!

On the last few track days I was the only GT3! And I broke 50k miles! Worthless now... :)

And mine's just about to hit 142,000 after a fun weekend with Senoj at Zandvoort.

It may be worthless to others, but it's priceless to me :grin:

try to do one a year minimum.

Nick has summed it up beautifully.

who gives a ***** about the values and all that jazz. mine is insured to a good value and agreed. if I run out of talent so be it.

Embarrassed to say I've only done one day so far this year with work commitments and a fair bit of racing (sob sob I know).

Booked into Donington on bank holiday monday for a warm-up, then DN in September. I cannot wait.

For me, few and far between these days....noise issues with most of my
local favourite UK tracks (within 125 miles) and the whacking Insurance
premiums to cough up on European jaunts (£500 a day). I'll always try to
visit the Ring three times a year....but because of the Insurance issue it does
turn it into a pretty expensive jaunt now. :nooo:

Yes, agree with the noise issues. I completely forgot about that TBH. It really limited the number of UK tracks i could visit, Silverstone was the only UK track that never gave any hassle. Oulton tested me at 110 on their static test - with Decibel Devils fitted :grin:

I spoke to Classicline the other day and Spa is now £200 a pop which is annoying but not as bad as 500 for the Nordschleife (who incidentally Classicline don't cover at all now). So next year I'll probably just stick with Silverstone and Spa. It's a shame about Oulton and Anglesey, but the noise limits are too much headache, even with silencers

Roro said:
Yes, agree with the noise issues. I completely forgot about that TBH. It really limited the number of UK tracks i could visit, Silverstone was the only UK track that never gave any hassle. Oulton tested me at 110 on their static test - with Decibel Devils fitted :grin:

I spoke to Classicline the other day and Spa is now £200 a pop which is annoying but not as bad as 500 for the Nordschleife (who incidentally Classicline don't cover at all now). So next year I'll probably just stick with Silverstone and Spa. It's a shame about Oulton and Anglesey, but the noise limits are too much headache, even with silencers

You will be fine with Anglesey, I've never seen them test anyone. On the Insurance Manning cover the ring and any other euro track for £250 a day, U.K tracks covered as standard. Car value must be less than £100k

Cunno said:
Roro said:

You will be fine with Anglesey, I've never seen them test anyone. On the Insurance Manning cover the ring and any other euro track for £250 a day, U.K tracks covered as standard. Car value must be less than £100k

Thanks re Anglesey :thumb:

Can't remember why I left Mannings, pretty sure they were significantly more costly than my Classicline policy for similar-ish cover at the time. I'll call for a quote when my policy is up in a couple months

Plenty of track days still being done - though I do notice older GT cars are becoming scarce. GT4s seems fairly popular at the moment. I will be at silverstone Monday in the 6RS.

I am also building an E46 M3 ring car a la Senoj given a reducing appetite to tackle the ring in an expensive car. The M3 will also go to Silverstone Monday for a shakedown test - after which I can see if it is going to stay or the project gets shelved!

LaSource said:
Plenty of track days still being done - though I do notice older GT cars are becoming scarce. GT4s seems fairly popular at the moment. I will be at silverstone Monday in the 6RS.

I am also building an E46 M3 ring car a la Senoj given a reducing appetite to tackle the ring in an expensive car. The M3 will also go to Silverstone Monday for a shakedown test - after which I can see if it is going to stay or the project gets shelved!

I was looking at old M3's online yesterday :grin:

Doubt I'll do that though, costs are still relatively sensible in the grand scheme of things on my car

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back