Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel guards

Rayo2703

I am about to take delivery of s new 991.2 and have to negotiate a fairly tight access to our car park so was thinking on putting an wheel guards to protect the wheels. Porsche don't recommend this. I would welcome any comments.

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

Not sure what the official Porsche reason is for not fitting guards to the wheels, but guessing at a negative effect on wheel balance at high speed.

Why not fit something to offer protection in the tight spots in the car park? Maybe a few strips of plywood, MDF or reasonably hard plastic block would limit/reduce damage if your wheels were to accidentally touch. Worth a thought.

You can buy tyres with a rim guard incorporated, some manufacturers are more so than others. Drop into a local tyre center to discuss.

You could always write a quick concise email to Porsche GB head office & ask about rim protection with specific details of reasons why they're against them? They weigh next to naff all & are presumably a continuous equal flung / rotational weight.

It would be interesting to read their response if you receive a reply :thumb:

Other than that, be careful :grin:

Admittedly I've been thinking about this... after a terrible heart wrenching experience in a manchester car park (don't ask). Albeit I've been put off by my own perception that it may be a cross between a bit Alan Partridge and a bit Max Power...

Looked at these: http://rimsavers.com ?? if they are discreet and un-noticeable I may be interested, rather that than muller a set of £3k+ alloys, as grinding down and respraying kerbed alloys doesn't bode well at speed.

Dont do it! The tyres have intrgral profile to help and protect the rims.

I know of instences whese these rim guards have come off whiest driving and make a mess and damage the bodywork. Here is another complay who off them as well www.alloygator.com/.

I spoke to Porsche and they say it can invalidate the warranty if I fit them. Apparently it can cause vibration and damage!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back