Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential can of worms: Mixing N Ratings

k3bab

Trainee
Sorry to do this, I have searched on here and couldn't find an answer:

Had an annoying puncture on the rear after only 900 miles of driving new car. Typical.

1) Kwik fit only have N0 rated tyres, and the ones on my car are N1s. I read somewhere online that its not recommended to mix. Is this true?

2) Kwik fit suggested they could change just the one tyre (only 900 miles on the clock) but I am concerned that taking it to Porsche will be a different story. They'll probably want to charge me 20 to 30 percent more and push for me to change both rear tyres. Is there a general guideline? 30% wear?

3) Does anyone know of any reputable tyre places in the Thames Valley / Reading area? My main concern is that they don't scratch the hell out of my wheels (which has happened before).

I will probably end up taking the car to Porsche for them to sort it and have the confidence that the wheels won't be damaged in the process.

THanks,
K3bab

Have you got Michelins on at the moment?

Dont mix N rated tyres on the same axle .. you can fit x2 N1 front and X2 N0 rear but not on same axle.

Different rolling circumference and it will confuse the PSM / ABS .

Can't you have it repaired :?:

If it's in the centre it wouldn't be a problem.

Change both tyres on same axle if you cant get matching N rating single tyre.
Is it under OPC warranty?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back