Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - rear top mounts

MarkGolf

Hi,

I'm in the middle of fitting my rear H&R coilovers and I've just removed the drivers rear and swapped the top mount over to find it doesn't leave enough of the threaded top part of the piston to poke through in order to get the top nut on it....

What's going on?? Disappointed as something clearly isn't right.

Cheers

Not my area of expertise but this is all i have ..

I assume you mean with the coil compressed with spring compressors the actual shaft thread that goes through the top mounts is not long enough ..

I think there are 2 types of rear top mount so perhaps you have the wrong shocks for the mounts or visa versa .

There are two different types of rear shocks for the 964 for the early and later cars you need to check you have the right coilovers

Mark

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news however I`m pretty sure the top mounts are not interchangeable if you have the wrong coilover kit you need them changed for the right ones

Gaz

Hi Mark,

I had to have Redline Racing manufacture adapters for my rear (Rennline) top mounts so you're not alone. :bye:

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks guys, I'm reluctant to remove the kit and sell on to then go and buy another kit suited to the early 964, what a pain. So it looks like I'm going to get a hold of some late top mounts along with those US adapters with £50 delivery charge, doh!

Thanks for the help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back