Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indie in North London?

langers1970

Spa-Francorchamps
Apologies if this has been answered recently, happy to be redirected to the relevant post if that is the case.

Any recommendations for a good indie in North London area? I need aircon sorted (compressor is fine) and routine servicing. Was quoted £4k (!) to fix an allegedly leaky evaporator by a certain central London independent who fleeced me £120 (after haggling) just to provide the quote, so I'm looking for a place I can trust that isn't earth-shatteringly expensive.

Having owned my 2.5 986 for coming up for 20 years I don't recall having many years (if any) where servicing was the right side of £1k, so those fixed menu £400 prices quoted for servicing seem like fantasy. There always seems to be something else that needs doing. I'm sure next time it would be cheaper to buy two cars and use one just for parts!

Jaz seems to have a good reputation but are they pricey? A friend recommended Porschacare in Welwyn but I'm a little nervous as his car is an old 3.2 and also I've now used two indies with odd misspelled variants of Porsche in their names and both experiences have ended up a total nightmare so I'm a little scared to try a third. Have 18 or so stamps in the book and looking for another 18+ with someone half decent.

Many thanks, Langers.

I can vouch for Porsche Torque, who are in Uxbridge so not sure if that makes sense for you. I like their honesty, they know what they're talking about without taking themselves too seriously or taking the pee with their prices.

Jaz (only used them once some years ago after being recommended RPM) have moved to St Albans, but easy to get back to N London by train. They have always been well rated. RPM (who I know well) near Tring also have good train links to Euston.

Look no further than Jaz, the prices are very reasonable and they have a Smart car as a courtesy car if you ask them in advance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brahms2104
Back