Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What Cayman to get?

C_Stewart

Gents,

I require your help. Basically I think Caymans are gorgeous cars and obviously have the performance to match. However I don't know who model to go for.

My budget is around 25k and it'll be my main car but I walk to work which helps.

Iv always liked a car that looks a little different so been drawn to the finish on the s.

However, am I right in thinking the 2009 Caymans and onwards are more to be stress free due to the updated engine?

Iv seen a nice 2008 Cayman S with 13,000 miles on the clock but is this car going to be more problematic than say a 2009 with 30k on the clock?

Cheers guys

If you're set on getting an 'S' definitely go for a Gen2 car (February 2009 onwards) but as that would be at the top end of your budget I'd seriously consider a Gen2 base car.

Good Luck :thumb:

C_Stewart said:
Iv seen a nice 2008 Cayman S with 13,000 miles on the clock but is this car going to be more problematic than say a 2009 with 30k on the clock?

If it were me I would go for the Gen2 :)

Ive had both 2006 S manual and a 2010 PDK
The 2010 car just seemed that bit better, the only downside was the engine note, without PSE it sounded just too quiet and smooth.

If I could stretch the budget, Id go with the later model.
obviously check it is the newer DFI engine as IIRC the 2009 was the changeover year so it could still be gen 1 :?:

PX'd my 2010 to a main dealer with a bit under 40k for 26k, si i expect that went for around 30k recently.
Nice car though.

I had a 987.1S (Boxster, slightly less power, granted) and now a 987.2S and the difference is noticeable in interior quality and power - gen2 all the way for me.

Considering you spend your time IN the car, the aesthetics and creature comforts of the gen 2 (Bluetooth without needing to insert a sim card, iPhone music compatibility etc) really are great.

Saying that the gen1 is still great and I loved mine for the 2 years I had it, but I would get the gen2 for peace of mind if nothing else.

Good luck!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back