Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

iPods and Bluetooth on a 987 Gen1 Cayman

volks_womble

Trainee
So, More newbie questions I am afraid... (hopefully this one is less contentious ;) )

Looking at the standard CD/Radio Headunit in a Gen1 987 Cayman, How easy (or not) is it to get an iPod interfaced to it and/or Bluetooth for both Hands free Phone usage, and music streaming?

My impression from other forum posts is that this is not especially easy.

Is it any easier on Satnav equipped cars?

Can doing this cause any issues with the Porsche Warranty?

Thanks
Mark

That looks like an excellent option. Thanks.

The documentation mentions needing an adapter for the 987 Gen1 - Did the installers supply that or did you have to purchase that seperately?

Thanks
Mark

I dont recall needing an adapter but I remember that Halfords arranged it all and the guy had everything he needed. Took about 45 minutes to fit and no wires on display anywhere. Nice tidy job

It states you can play music from a USB or SD card, from a picture I saw, looks like the USB plugs into a cable and not directly into the device. Is that correct?

Did you get this done, Womble?

I installed a pioneer touchscreen in my car. Was relatively painless. There was some bonus wiring to the fuse box required to get it to work with the ignition but it's a pretty good system. It works with Apple car play. it includes a microphone which I worked around the dash and is now bedded into the interior cantrail so I get the full Siri system working. :)

nigel99 said:
I had a Parrott fitted in my Cayman by Halfords. Gives bluetooth, ipod and USB.

With mine I just streamed music from my phone and made calls and it was perfect.

When in use the CDR display says "Phone" and all output through car speakers.

I thought the PCM 3 in your Gen2 could do that anyway? Is it not any good?

apollokre1d said:
nigel99 said:
I had a Parrott fitted in my Cayman by Halfords. Gives bluetooth, ipod and USB.

With mine I just streamed music from my phone and made calls and it was perfect.

When in use the CDR display says "Phone" and all output through car speakers.

I thought the PCM 3 in your Gen2 could do that anyway? Is it not any good?

The parrot was in my Cayman which was a gen 1. My 911 does have Bluetooth for calls and USB\AUX\IPOD which is great for music. This works well, albeit a little disappointing that you cant stream audio using Bluetooth which you can from the Parrot.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Sounds good, any pics?
I have some pictures, but have no idea how to host them via my iPhone!

Go to make a reply, then below where it says 'Filename' click on choose file and you should you a IOS screen you recognise.

Not done it myself yet, but just dummies an attempt and seems pretty straight forward.

I tried that but it said the file size was too large.
Will try again.

nigel99 said:
The parrot was in my Cayman which was a gen 1. My 911 does have Bluetooth for calls and USB\AUX\IPOD which is great for music. This works well, albeit a little disappointing that you cant stream audio using Bluetooth which you can from the Parrot.

Ahh right thanks for that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back