Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Assist me with my engine

Cloris

Hello helpful Porschistas, I came across a great (no, incredible) deal on an engine from a highly respected Porsche mechanic that I just couldn't pass up. I knew I wanted to build Bruce Anderson's 2.7 RS carb'd engine and was talking to the mechanic and he just said he'd send me a bunch of stuff that I might find useful. So please assist me in identifying what I've got. I originally just set out to buy a case but the mechanic just gave me all the rest of this stuff and I wasn't about to look the gift horse in the mouth. This car ('68) will be a canyon carver/streetcar with a 901/02 AFMSX gearing. I want low end street-able power. Firstly, the pistons are the euro 2.7 8.5:1 ratio style. Can I run carbs and an T cam with this? I'm assuming a T cam would be best? Or just score actual RS pistons? This is a 7R case: how do I identify the upgrades I need to make? I think time-certs have been installed but I don't really know what I'm looking at. How can I clean this stuff at home, or just send it to a machine shop? How can I tell if my cylinders are nikasil? Who should I send them to for replating? Cost? Other thoughts, ideas, insults,...? Thanks!

聲寶服務站 歌林服務站 歌林服務站

Attachments

• 1_182.png
    1_182.png
    395 KB · Views: 13,709

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back