Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tidying up the ends of the rear torsion bar splines

ms2015

Chaps - any ideas on how to tidy up both ends of the rear torsion bar would be much appreciated.
It looks like was originally a black rubberised finish that has torn away over time, how would you guys go about restoring that area?
Grateful for any ideas - hopefully you can see what I mean on the far right side of my picture if I manage to upload it correctly:
Edit: I thin the picture has gone in sideways so torsion bar may be at the top of the picture- sorry for my tech incompetence.

Attachments

• image_681.jpeg
    image_681.jpeg
    665.4 KB · Views: 6,491
thank you for the reply, i can access that link, is it saying the best thing is to remove the rust and remainder of the black rubber sleeve and leave as a polished metal finish?
i dont think the black rubber sleeve has a part number and that is what i would like to replace as my first choice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back