Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Start Stop Deactivated & dipped headlight on dash

Satch

I've got a 2012 C2s. Yesterday when i started it up the Start/Stop deactivated message came up, along with the dipped headlight symbol.

No matter what i do, I can't seem to get the start/stop function to activate.

Anybody had this?

Ill book it into OPC soon, just wondering if its something anybody knows about.

Thanks..

mark pearce said:
stop start doesn't work in very hot weather
it may be something as simple as that

Cheers Mark. I take that on board, however it worked fine a few days ago the hottest day of the year (tues i think) but then on Wednesday which was nasty - it stopped working.

Ill book it in, see what they say. Cheers

I've got a 981 Boxster with what I'm assuming is the same stop/stop system. It's 50c here (122f) and the system simply does not switch on because of the air con load. I never see a warning message.

In actual fact, the system drives me crazy so if you have inadvertently found a way of de-activating it then please do let us know.

If you have memory seats, you can set the key/car to remember your last settings, so in theory you can get it remember.

On my 991 I paid the OPC to have it default as "off" on start. I went a fortnight later with my Cayenne to do the same as they mentioned something about EU laws and said they were no longer able to default it as off.

I spoke to OPC this morning, and the guy was very helpful, but he did say he has a list of about 20 possible causes for this.

The 2 most likely causes are either a failing battery, or if you do lots of really short journeys like just a few minutes at a time, or do a lot of driving the car on and off the drive this can cause it.

I mentioned i have a charger, so i will charge it overnight to see if this cures it, if not its being booked in to look at closer.

Charged the battery. Still the same. Earliest Porsche can book me in with a courtesy car is the 16th August..... Seems quite far in advance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back