Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel sealant

Chillout

Hopefully having my wheels refurbished this week by Exel, could someone recommend a wheel sealant please that will work with the Platinum satin finish?
Thanks, Mark.

I've been using Poorboys wheel sealant for a number of years and I know quite a few other people using it as well.
Really does help prevent brake dust sticking to your wheels and makes cleaning them a lot easier.

Don't apply to heavy a coat though as when it cures it can be a ***** to remove.
Two light coats are better than one heavy one.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-wheel-sealant-cat15.html

Thanks for the info chaps. My concern is that my wheels are being refurbed by Exel with a Paltinum satin finish, I am concerned things like wax or Gtechiq will spoil the satin finish or just look plain awful. What do you chaps think?

Speak with Chris at Exel as I believe he has some Nanolex Wheel Sealant in stock which is superb.

I use Chemical Guys Wheel Guard which is equally good on painted/powdercoated wheels and bare polished alloy. It gives excellent protection and is very easy to apply. I top mine up after every three to four washes.

C.

My new BBS were satin and I actually have before and after picture with the second and third being with the C5 applied.

Looking at those pics now I've added them, it's not conclusive, as the lighting/angle is slightly different but the C5 did add a slight sheen to the original coating but IMO it enhanced it for the better.

OK, I'll speak to Chris which was my intention anyway, just wanted to get an opinion off other owners as well. He is on holiday at the moment and my wheels are at Lepsons, so I'll report back early next week when the refurbs are fitted. On another note, my loan wheels (19" Lobster claws) are on Michelins, these seem loads better than the Bridgestone's (19" sport designs) I have on my wheels, less tramlining, it tracks straighter on the motorway and the ride is better. Chris said they would be better due to the softer sidewall. Looks like I jacked my own thread!

Those BBS look great, are they going on your 996?

Finish Kare 1000p (big white hi temp sealant". Nothing touches it for the price and I've tried a few now. Check detailing world forum :)

Chris

I used gtechniq C5 on my set of summers around 18 months ago and it's still there doing its job! Amazing stuff, recommended!

I've previously been recommended Swissvax Autobahn for satin/matte finish wheels, I have also heard that Collinite 476 works well :thumb:

I've been using Poorboys wheel sealant for a while with good results, but have just applied a coat of Gyeon Q2 Rim to my wheels in preparation for winter, and in the hope that it makes cleaning off the ever-present brake dust from my Pagid pads easier!

deutschland-dobson said:
Finish Kare 1000p (big white hi temp sealant". Nothing touches it for the price and I've tried a few now. Check detailing world forum :)

Chris

+1

If you don't want to go down the ceramic coating route you can't beat FK1000p. Superb stuff.

A ceramic coating will be fine on a satin finish.

Poorboy's wheel sealant smells nice but that is the only thing it's got going for it as far as I could tell.

pjvenda said:
I used gtechniq C5 on my set of summers around 18 months ago and it's still there doing its job! Amazing stuff, recommended!

:agree:

Chris returned my wheels last week, speak to him, he will give you his experience / advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back