Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kerplunk GT3 996.2 Rockingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip1968

Apologies as this is a brazen pinch from PH post but just wondered if it was anyone on here. Hopefully not although it is shame to lose such a great car whether the driver is a member of 911UK or not.

Fingers crossed the driver is just a little shaken. The roll cages do seem to provide very good protection along with a six point harness.

Pip :sad:

Attachments

• rock_jul_2016_137.jpg
    rock_jul_2016_137.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,254
I think if you are GT3 owner, do you think this will be a total loss?

A friend met with an 'incident' on track a couple of months back in his 997 GT3 and for much less damage than appears on that example, the estimate was around £15k!

I shudder to think what that is going to cost to put right.......

Of course the primary assumption is the driver and anyone else with him is OK. After the shakes stop comes the realisation of getting it repaired........

What happens on track, should stay on track, not for forums :nooo:

Jon - not sure if that comment is directed at me or at the OP.
I was just asking if that level of damage would be a total loss, nothing more, nothing less.

Cunno said:

+1.

OP, if this was your car, would you want someone else posting a photo of it? I'm not starting a war here merely pointing out that someone somewhere owns that car and it was probably their pride and joy. I hope you don't take offence here, I mean it in good spirit and I know you own a GT3.

On another note, hope the guy is ok.

Senoj said:
Stuart said:
Cunno said:

Agree.

+2

Its just better that way :thumb:

Why, so when a car is fixed up off the register and then sold as mint, how else are owners going to find out the real facts :dont know:

Wasnt there a rolled 911RS a few years ago, fixed up and sold as mint because of this :lock:

it's 2016 not 1985

Attachments

• rock_jul_2016_137_630.jpg
    rock_jul_2016_137_630.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,115
Rossi911 said:
Senoj said:
Stuart said:
Cunno said:

Agree.

+2

Its just better that way :thumb:

Why, so when a car is fixed up off the register and then sold as mint, how else are owners going to find out the real facts :dont know:

Wasnt there a rolled 911RS a few years ago, fixed up and sold as mint because of this :lock:

it's 2016 not 1985

"real facts" are rarely present on Internet forum postings. If someone unfortunately bins their pride and joy then thats enough grief to deal with isnt it, dont need the ill informed, unaccountable web world having a gloat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back